PDA

View Full Version : Did you lighters need fuel to work?

smokinghole
05-18-2009, 11:47 AM
I was working the saturday shift and a guy came in with two lighters he purchased three days prior. He wanted to return them at 10am when we only opened at 9. I didn't have $249 in the drawer to give him on his return which he had a very hard time understanding. I said to come back at 1pm and we could surely take care of his return. So he came back saying the lighters "no work". I asked if he tried filling them to which he responded "yeah yeah" and so I did the return. Well after he left I tried filling them and much to my surprise they had NO fuel in them at all. No wonder they didn't work.

I think the dude needed money for bills or something who knows. Ooh the lighters in question were a mini xtend and a lotus something or other.

Some people's kids.:sadpace:

Cyrann
05-18-2009, 11:53 AM
Lighter maintenance is so easy... I cannot tell you how many lighters I have fixed for people just because they don't understand them.

Everything from Colibri (shocker right?), Xikar, Dupont, and the like.

It is quite funny to me now, but also sucks because whenever there is a problem I get a call or text.

rabbgp
05-18-2009, 12:10 PM
I was working the saturday shift and a guy came in with two lighters he purchased three days prior. He wanted to return them at 10am when we only opened at 9. I didn't have $249 in the drawer to give him on his return which he had a very hard time understanding. I said to come back at 1pm and we could surely take care of his return. So he came back saying the lighters "no work". I asked if he tried filling them to which he responded "yeah yeah" and so I did the return. Well after he left I tried filling them and much to my surprise they had NO fuel in them at all. No wonder they didn't work.

I think the dude needed money for bills or something who knows. Ooh the lighters in question were a mini xtend and a lotus something or other.

Some people's kids.:sadpace:

I will take those used, ill working lighters off your hands for say $25.00. Whadya say? :stretchgr:

Craig Mac
05-18-2009, 12:13 PM
Sounds like he needed some cash as you said....

hdroadglide
05-18-2009, 12:20 PM
sounds like someone's wife may have found out about the purchase!!

AZsteelman
05-18-2009, 03:45 PM

:stickbeat:wifey:

cigarguy71
05-18-2009, 03:48 PM
:rofl:

jwintosh
05-18-2009, 04:36 PM
Lighter maintenance is so easy... I cannot tell you how many lighters I have fixed for people just because they don't understand them....

i resemble that remark! i have 8 or 6 lighters that don't work, including my blazer (which i used to think was the best out there). they just quit working!

VirginIslander
05-18-2009, 04:51 PM
How many did he buy?? Did he think they were disposables?

blooz4u
05-18-2009, 05:34 PM
I thought they ran on tomato juice ??? :scratchhe

VirginIslander
05-18-2009, 06:44 PM
Or maybe he stole an Opus, needed a way to re-light it?

Moro
05-18-2009, 10:42 PM
I think somebody has a crush on somebody other than Bob... :smokingbo

Danilo
05-18-2009, 11:13 PM

that one is below the belt.

VirginIslander
05-19-2009, 12:52 AM
I think somebody has a crush on somebody other than Bob... :smokingbo

Its ok dude, you can come of the closet. We'll still accept you, your hair and your sword fighting :fencing: