PDA

View Full Version : Just my thoughts

Moose
10-25-2011, 01:34 PM
I know I have not been here long, but I really wanted to say "THANKS" to all of you for making this a great place to feel welcome. You do not get this on most forums and you all have really helped restore my faith in great groups of people.

Moose

sean
10-25-2011, 01:37 PM
Obviously no one has shown you "the debate" room yet... (I keed, I keed.)

CigarSaint
10-25-2011, 01:49 PM
I agree! I've met a lot of great people and learned so much in six months!!

cartisdm
10-25-2011, 01:55 PM
It's true, there are some fantastic men (and women) on this forum. They've certainly helped me learn a lot about cigars and other great hobbies.

Judging by your trader rating, have you not had a chance to try out the Newbie Sampler thread? I urge you to give it a go! http://www.botl.org/community/forums/showthread.php?t=4734

neoflex
10-25-2011, 01:56 PM
I have not been a member of BOTL too long either and not to discredit the board at all but the Cigar Community as a whole is just downright amazing. I always say that there is no other industry where the consumers and manufacturers are just great people and this is coming from a guy who generally hates people.:glassesgr Unlike your typical bar you could always walk into a Cigar lounge and feel welcomed and be treated as an equal whether your a lawyer, doctor, garbage man or a broke college student.

usmcpurcell
10-25-2011, 02:14 PM
Agreed I posted a thread almost the exact same a few days ago this place is great. Even if someone has a differnent view about a certain smoke or anything else they don't make you feel stupid about liking it. For example I've noticed Gurkha is not well like on this site but they make one of my all time favs but nobody knocks me for it.

sean
10-25-2011, 02:17 PM
Judging by your trader rating, have you not had a chance to try out the Newbie Sampler thread? I urge you to give it a go! http://www.botl.org/community/forums/showthread.php?t=4734

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/6/62/TS_-_I_Second_That_Emotion.jpg

stroke
10-25-2011, 02:29 PM
This is a place like no other. I run a small lawn care business on the side and visit a lawn care forum to get information (lawnsite.com). They are downright nasty there, always bashing the crap out of each other. Needless to say, I just lurk there.

Obviously no one has shown you "the debate" room yet... (I keed, I keed.)

I know you say that in jest, but I'd like to reiterate that even though some of us strongly disagree on most topics, we all know that we're still BOTL! The atmosphere here is excellent!

Realtorfrank
10-25-2011, 03:06 PM
Agreed, great group of people here.

wilfredsimpson
10-25-2011, 03:07 PM
Sounds like someone has that loving feeling...

CWS
10-25-2011, 03:38 PM
I have not been a member of BOTL too long either and not to discredit the board at all but the Cigar Community as a whole is just downright amazing. I always say that there is no other industry where the consumers and manufacturers are just great people and this is coming from a guy who generally hates people.:glassesgr Unlike your typical bar you could always walk into a Cigar lounge and feel welcomed and be treated as an equal whether your a lawyer, doctor, garbage man or a broke college student.

Well, maybe not a lawyer. :agreesmil

TreeFrog Frank
10-25-2011, 03:55 PM
Agreed I posted a thread almost the exact same a few days ago this place is great. Even if someone has a differnent view about a certain smoke or anything else they don't make you feel stupid about liking it. For example I've noticed Gurkha is not well like on this site but they make one of my all time favs but nobody knocks me for it.

... well, not to your face, at least...

JUST KIDDING!! :hysterica

danthebugman
10-25-2011, 04:36 PM
Well now that Frank's run everyone off...:grin:. Nah, this is the best place on the net...period.

Dan

JasonbaysWv
10-25-2011, 04:46 PM
This is the longest time period I've stayed on any forum have joined many forums from flyfishing to duck hunting and this by far is my favorite of any seems like a great group of guys to I've learned so much since I've been on here especially many different sticks to try that I wouldn't have known about anyway else and talk about not knocking people to hard look at the first page of the wolfman sticky at my dumb post I really felt like an idiot but the guys here just took it in and awnsered my questions lol but anyway thanks guys for the good brotherhood
Jason
Sry for the crappy text posting from my iphone

usmcpurcell
10-25-2011, 05:47 PM
Yeah yeah i know gurkha blows butt! Lol

Troy
10-25-2011, 06:39 PM
I know I have not been here long, but I really wanted to say "THANKS" to all of you for making this a great place to feel welcome. You do not get this on most forums and you all have really helped restore my faith in great groups of people.

Moose

I know what you mean. I recently joined and feel the same way! Glad you like it too. The people are what make a forum and so far these people are great.

javajunkie
10-25-2011, 06:46 PM
could be because we are all here over a common source of joy? because we came here, from that enjoyment, to share enjoyment?
(posted while trying the new oliva v maduro!)

stroke
10-25-2011, 09:25 PM
This is the longest time period I've stayed on any forum have joined many forums from flyfishing to duck hunting and this by far is my favorite of any seems like a great group of guys to I've learned so much since I've been on here especially many different sticks to try that I wouldn't have known about anyway else and talk about not knocking people to hard look at the first page of the wolfman sticky at my dumb post I really felt like an idiot but the guys here just took it in and awnsered my questions lol but anyway thanks guys for the good brotherhood
Jason
Sry for the crappy text posting from my iphone

Glad you have an alibi, because that's the longest sentence I think I've ever seen! lol

could be because we are all here over a common source of joy? because we came here, from that enjoyment, to share enjoyment?
(posted while trying the new oliva v maduro!)

Great point!

Carpe diGar
10-25-2011, 09:46 PM
Yes a very good group to be part of - thanks to all who contribute!!!

criollo
10-26-2011, 10:16 AM
Internet forums CAN bring out the worst in people, as they provide a venue where one can spew insults and vulgarities and remain anonymous, hence immune to the consequences. I have seen that kind of insensitivity in other online cigar discussions, and it apparantly can creep into forums about any topic whatsoever....including lawn care! (that one amazes me!).

So I too am very appreciative of the supportive atmosphere in this forum.

stroke
10-26-2011, 01:52 PM
Internet forums CAN bring out the worst in people, as they provide a venue where one can spew insults and vulgarities and remain anonymous, hence immune to the consequences. I have seen that kind of insensitivity in other online cigar discussions, and it apparantly can creep into forums about any topic whatsoever....including lawn care! (that one amazes me!).

So I too am very appreciative of the supportive atmosphere in this forum.

Yes! Kudos (not to be confused with Krulos :grin:) to the admins and mods for maintaining this atmosphere and snuffing that stuff out quick!