Close
Emerson's Cigars

Question Bently Lighter Refills

Hello everyone. I haven't posted much but today I need some help. I purchased an amazing Bently Butane Lighter on eBay but I didn't realize at the time that you couldn't refill it like other butane lighters. It requires a replacement tank.

I've tried searching Ebay and couldn't find anything.

Anyone have any suggestions.
    Some People are only alive because it's Illegal to shoot them!

Craft Beer Addict! SkinsFanLarry's Avatar

You might try the refill butane cartridges they make for S. T. Dupont lighters....but they come in different colors for the different Duponts, so I don't know which one would work the best....sorry I couldn't be more helpful my friend.
    "I know I'm not easy to get along with but I like myself just fine!" - Harvey Specter

Talking Wooo Whooo!!!

After some examination I figured out how the cartridge releases the butane and managed to refill it. The lighter now works perfectly.

It was really quite simple to do. I made sure there was no flint in the lighter, pushed the ignition which opened the valve and pushed the butane refill nozzle down at the same time.

I just had to make sure that I was pushing straight down but it worked really well and now I have an amazing vintage lighter.

Great, glad you were able to fill it and get it working. Bentley's are damn good lighters!
    "I know I'm not easy to get along with but I like myself just fine!" - Harvey Specter

Post a picture of the lighter if you have time, I'm curious to see it...
    "I smoke in moderation...only one cigar at a time." -Mark Twain

Currently all I have is the picture off the Ebay listing. I'm at work right now and don't have a camera with me.

Classic look and feel and very dependable, in my opinion.

Cyrann, here's a little Bentely History....

It is the year 1957. In the small city of Heidenreichstein in the north of Austria, where, since 1881, the largest metal- and leather processing manufacturer was producing cigarette doses, gasoline lighters, leather purses, ashtrays, and many more, a new British and American based management placed the foundation-stone for a unique success history. It all started, with the decision, to restructure the production for gas lighters only. The choice fell to the the production of the worldwide known brands like "CHIC", "BENTLEY", "GENIE" and "SILVER MATCH", which are worldwide well-known and established as first-class quality products.

The experiment, to restructure completely the production, succseed and started a steep ascent of Bentley-gas lighters. By the year 1973 , there were already 20 million Bentley-lighters produced and sold, and a multple of grefill cartridges. Some lighters were awarded with the "OSKAR" in France.

At this time the company produced already more gas lighters , than all gas lighter producers in Germany together. The fulfilment of these ambitiously plans was only possible by the best cooperation between management and production.

In the last years the product variety was enlarged, with some affordable models for pipe smokers and with a piezoelectric stick lighter. Exquisite designer products for world wide known brands complete the product selection. This segment includes i.e. the production of luxury lighters, pens and pencils, key holder, money clips, belt clips und much more. Therefore highest demands on quality and surface finish have to be fulfilled.

I didn't really know the history, I just saw a great looking lighter and wanted to have it. I was a little disapointed when it arrived and I couldn't refill it.

Love your info SFL
    Dennis
    Evil wins when good men do nothing
    Peace and Blessings

Thanks for taking the time to do that... cool lighter man!

SFL, do you work for Google now?

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrann View Post
    Thanks for taking the time to do that... cool lighter man!

SFL, do you work for Google now?
    No i think he transfered to Bing

Quote Originally Posted by Josh.CHI View Post
    No i think he transferred to Bing

Hey rkadow your a life saver dude!! I purchased a Bentley Pipe/Cigar lighter myself on eCrater.com and just received it in the mail. I felt a little stupid when I read the manual and found out it required tanks. I love old stuff and like you said I saw a great old lighter that took me back in time, at a great price and had to have it. I'm going to try what you did and see how it goes, wish me luck!! By the way leave it home you know how lighter thieves are!!

I have tried this method, did not work... PLEASE HELP!