Close
Federal Cigar
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Wine Cooler 101

How many boxes can you fit in this size of wine coller?

Quote Originally Posted by giantstogie View Post
    How many boxes can you fit in this size of wine coller?

I have roughly, 17, these comprise of slbs, cabs and other various sized boxes. I then have 2 trays which hold about 25 sticks each and then some more singles packed in open areas. I have no more room. So, about 575- 625 sticks.
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by twenty5 View Post
    Trays are not here yet, obviously it takes a long time lol.

This is an FYI for everyone that likes the Chasden trays: Sign-ups for the next round just started about 2 min ago. You do not need to commit any cash at this point, just need to get on the list. If you want them, I would get on the list now, they sell out quick.
    Where to go to sign up? i did go to the website i shot him a email with an order, but would prefer to be on the list..

he'll e-mail you back with the info.
    Cigars bring great people together!

any update on the drawers yet 25??

I ordered mine... should be here in 4 weeks.
    CRA Member

http://www.twitter.com/irklak

BoM 11/09, 4/10 BoY '10 twenty5's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Danilo View Post
    any update on the drawers yet 25??

I did receive most of my trays, still waiting on the other 2 before I post pics (supposedly they are shipping next week, we shall see lol). It is coming along nicely, just not as much room as I had hoped for.
    -Justin

how many drawers/shelves you putting in there??

I am pretty sure I will have a total of 6 doubles, so basically it will be maxed w/ trays
    -Justin

Good info Bro! Thanks for sharing!
    "Always Cheat - Always Win. The only unfair fight is the one you lose."

BoM Nov '10 Space Invaders Champion danthebugman's Avatar

Very nice post. Not sure I'll have need for a wineador, but if I do I know where I can find the info I need. BOTL rocks!

Dan
    People cry about how bad tobacco is, but do they realize how bad water is? Water can be chemically synthesized by burning rocket fuel. Water is the primary ingredient in herbicides and pesticides. Water is the leading cause of drowning. 100% of serial killers, rapists, and drug dealers have admitted to drinking water. And probably most alarming...100% of people exposed to water will die! By comparison tobacco is a pussy.

Carpe Insectum

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13 AlohaStyle's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by twenty5 View Post
    I am pretty sure I will have a total of 6 doubles, so basically it will be maxed w/ trays
    Very nice... you must have a lot of singles! Do you keep boxes in coolers? Or do you have the majority of singles?

Also, in your research, do you recommend people plug the drain hole? I know you put wiring through yours and plugged it up, but for people that didn't do that, do you recommend plugging it? If so, how do you account for condensation build up? I bet condensation is more of an issue during the summer so maybe you don't have an answer for this, but I would really like some comments as I got some condensation build up then I just unplugged the unit during the winter. But when it gets warm again, I will need to figure it out.

Well, most of my stuff is singles, the few boxes I did have I unpacked and put into the trays. Just easier for me to open a drawer and be able to see everything instead up pulling out piles of boxes etc. In the future, if space allows (right now it does not) I would like to get a second one that matches for box storage (sealed boxes, stuff I am aging etc.)

As for the drain plug you are right, I imagine the summer will be the true test but from what I have found along my travels lol, using an ETC allows the unit to turn on and off as needed, most people say that in 80d or so the unit will cycle on for about 3min an hr depending what your low set point is (if kept within 3-4 degrees of your high it should be about 3 min). This amount of time is not long enough for condensation IMO, it might be though, I will keep this updated as we go through the summer cycle. The other think is the shilala beads, these things have such a quick absorbancy rate that if there was condensation, I think it would be soaked up very quickly. My last line of defense will be added if needed, if condensation is a problem I was thinking about routing the water into a small container that will have beads in it, we will see how it is in the summer before going that far.

Another addition I will be adding this week is a fan system. 3-4 30mm fans, some aiming up some down, on the rear wall, hooked up to a timing system. This will help regulate humidity top to bottom and would also help with condensation problems.
    -Justin

I was thinking of setting up 2 fans on the bottom (about a half inch from the floor) facing up, and 1 fan up top, facing down, and have them run about a minute every half hour or so... something like that to move the more humid air on the botom up, and the stale air on top around a bit. I'm not sure where I am putting my drawers yet, but most likely up top, with the 1 cedar shelf on the lowest spot.

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13 AlohaStyle's Avatar

Thanks for the answers, pretty much what I've seen too just trying to figure out what I will do.

My only concern about letting the beads soak up the condensation is that the water dripping down is not distilled which is what should be used with beads. I don't know if that would affect the quality of the beads, but it is a concern of mine.