Close
Boveda

Question Cigar Restoration?

I was talking to my brother tonight, and he told me a few months ago he was given a box of Royal Jamaican Gold Park Lane cigars. Since he doesn't smoke cigars, he just left the unsealed box lying around. My question is this: is it possible to restore a cigar that has been sitting like that for a few months, and are these cigars worth the trouble?

Here's a link for the info on restoring. I would give it a shot you have nothing to lose, and it's not that much work.
    http://www.ravnwood.com/archives/004301.php
    "A good cigar is like tasting a good wine: you smell it, you taste it, you look at it, you feel it - you can even hear it. It satisfies all the senses."

Thanks for the info. I'll have to rig something together, since I don't have an empty humi lying around for these steps. Also, does anyone know if these cigars are any good?

Bump. Hopefully for an answer

Craft Beer Addict! SkinsFanLarry's Avatar

The Royal Jamaican Gold Park Lane OR wasn't really a bad smoke, about half way between a mild to medium. They were actually made in Jamaica in the beginning.

The 2nd and 3rd re-incarnation of the line, in my opinion, is not a good cigar at all.
    "I know I'm not easy to get along with but I like myself just fine!" - Harvey Specter

Thanks. I'll have to find out which one they are

Quote Originally Posted by SkinsFanLarry View Post
    The Royal Jamaican Gold Park Lane OR wasn't really a bad smoke, about half way between a mild to medium. They were actually made in Jamaica in the beginning.

The 2nd and 3rd re-incarnation of the line, in my opinion, is not a good cigar at all.
    Wow...A trip down memory lane I remember the original, Jamaican made line. That was one of my first favorites when I was getting into cigars in the early 90's. Great smoke...That takes me back!
    "The problem with internet qoutes is they are too often untrue"
    -Abraham Lincoln

Go for it, nothing to lose. I know people say that if they oils are lost they are a gonner, but I've brought back cigars that have been stored wrong for decades and some have been great smokes.
    Smoke rings at ya,

Mitch
    Ft. Lauderdale, Florida

Friends cost time