It's that time again! The booking link is immediately below, followed by more information at the bottom of the post. Please read the info below thoroughly before asking questions.
IF YOU ARE A CRA MEMBER OR MILITARY, YOU ARE ELIGIBLE FOR A $100 DISCOUNT. Contact me after booking and I will refund you the $100 from the $650 fee.
PLEASE READ THOROUGHLY
Airfare not included. Must have a valid U.S. passport to travel to Nicaragua.
3 Night / 4 Day Trip
All inclusive (all transportation, lodging, food, drinks, cigars, etc)
Visit historic Granada, Nicaragua
Our facilities include 11 cabanas, a cigar lounge, poker room, an outdoor patio and swimming pool
Tour the Joya de Nicaragua cigar factory, Nicaragua’s oldest cigar factory
Sample local beverages, incl. Flor de Cana rum and Tona or Victoria beer
Explore La Gran Fabrica Drew Estate, home of our unique packaging and our carefully controlled cigar production, which includes growing, fermenting, and rolling of tobacco
Blending session, where our guests get to create their own personal blend
You MUST book airfare through our travel agent Jeff Lewis. He makes sure that everyone arrives at the same time, even if they are arriving on different airlines. He charges a $35 fee to book your flight, but can get you upgraded seats (exit rows, etc). His contact information is below.
V.I.P Travel Consultant, LUXE Travel
16450 Bake Parkway, Suite 100 • Irvine, CA 92618
o: 866-575-6971 x1612
I have included some information below so that you can be better prepared for your trip. Please read it throughly and ask me any questions you might have.
In addition to the answers below, here are a few more.
There is a leather shop in town that we can go by if you guys are interested. They hand-produce belts, wallets, boots, etc. Prices are very reasonable, generally $20-30 for a belt, $10 for a wallet, and $60-100 for a pair of boots. Leave room in your bag if you plan on bringing these back, as we don't ship from the factory to individuals.
If you'd like to bring some blank t-shirts, we can have them screen printed at the factory with various DE-related logos and designs. Subculture Studios can also custom airbrush travel humidors, shoes, etc. If you'd like that done, please bring some extra cash to tip the guys as it's extra on top of their normal workload.
Leave the plane and head on to get your travel visa (costs $10, cash only). After getting your travel visa, get any checked luggage and go through Customs. After exiting customs, turn left and continue straight down the hallway through a set of sliding glass double doors. Pedro, our tour guide, will be there waiting for you with a Drew Estate sign.
Emergency Contact Info:
Please keep this info with you in case you cannot find Pedro upon landing.
Pedro Gomez, Tour Guide who will meet you at the airport: 011 505 8922 3013
John Brooke, myself, US contact in case Pedro doesn't answer: 954 609 7162
Manuel Rubio, Drew Estate Factory Manager in Esteli, Nicaragua: 011 505 8854 0265
- Things you’ll need to bring include: toothpaste, deodorant, Imodium AD (this is highly recommended as the style of food you will be eating is different), Pepto, Alka Seltzer, mosquito repellent. These items should be purchased before the trip and brought with you.
- American-style plugs will be found in all rooms, so you won't need any adapters for your chargers, blow dryers, etc.
- Pedro Gomez, one of our tour guides, will be with you the entire trip. He speaks fluent English.
- Bring cash with you, as there are *no* ATMS. You DO NOT need to convert currency upon landing, American dollars are accepted throughout Nicaragua.
- The only thing you will NEED money for is the travel visa you MUST PURCHASE upon landing. The travel visa is $10 USD. Other than that, bring money for souvenirs.
- Light clothing is recommended. Sneakers and a light jacket are mandatory. There is a pool onsite, so bathing suits are needed if you plan on hopping in.
- There is no laundry service, so bring enough clothes to last the entire trip.
- You will be given fresh towels and sheets every day, so there is no need to bring these items with you.
- Each room has its own air conditioning unit. At the factory, for every two rooms, there is one shared restroom.
- Telephones in the rooms at the factory are only good for dialing within Drew Estate.
- If you absolutely need to call the US, you can use Pedro's cell phone. If you have a GSM-capable phone (AT&T, some Verizon), you can setup an international rate plan before leaving for Nicaragua that will allow you to talk and text while there.
- Cellular data is incredibly expensive ($20/MB) in Nicaragua without an international plan. It is highly recommended that you turn off cellular data on your phone upon landing. It adds up VERY quickly, sometimes even if you aren't actively using your phone.
- There is no walking around Nicaragua from the factory.
- There will be no cigars sold on the trip. There are also no free boxes to take home. You will be able to take home the blends you create on your trip. All cigars during the trip are free, and there will be plenty available.
- There is a doctor available at all times. He is just a phone call away. Please let us know if you get sick during the trip, as we can have him come look at you and get you on medication immediately.
- There are no required vaccinations for travelling to Nicaragua
- There is WiFi available at the factory, but it is slow and unreliable. Plan to be off the grid most of the time.
- If your passport expires within 6 months of the trip date, you will not be able to enter the country.