Close
Emerson's Cigars
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Most in my local b/m are 12+. Few smaller sizes in the 8-10 range. But they stock the larger stuff typically.

Unrepentant Hoarder LigaPrivadaFanboy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CATom View Post
    So I got to thinking, I never really see many guys smoking Davidoff stuff. I got to wondering why. I've only had a few, and to be honest I've been unimpressed... To me they seem kind of one note and flat. Now that could all be me! I did have one of the Davidoff second private stock long fillers and actually enjoyed it! Go figure! Guess I'm just wondering if anyone out there enjoys them, and if they could recommend a certain cigar in there line to try. I've had the Nicaraguan one and I liked that, I'm more curious about their other lines.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    You just summed up Davidoff for me. In my experience, unimpressive. Others like them and that's great, just not in my wheelhouse.
    Quote Originally Posted by H3rrington View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by LigaPrivadaFanboy View Post
    Bump again today - watching Cloverfield and the destruction of pre-hipster NY. Can't help but think this movies would be VASTLY better if hipsters were dying by the truckload. Of course it would have to be a vintage truck of some sort hauling them off, probably made by Volvo, with bodybags imported from some bullshit free-trade 3rd-world shithole. Fitting.
    That's it. Pack it all up guys. It's over.

This guy just won the Internet

If you are not retrohaling on the majority of Davidoff blends, you are wasting your money.
    www.halfwheel.com - News + Reviews of Hard to Find, Ultra Limited and Extremely Expensive Cigars

Not a big fan of Davidoff at all, just far too light for my liking. Although, I definitely wouldn't turn down a shot at an ISOM Davidoff from waaaaaaay back.
    Who's selling what?
    http://cubancigarshopper.blogspot.com

I have tried many Davidoffs during the last several years (probably 5 or 6 different blends). I was not impressed with any considering the price point. However, my palate is not as refined as some. I know a couple of people whom I trust who say Davidoffs are the best mild/medium cigars one can buy outside Cuba. Those opinions keep me interested.
    Originally Posted by D Quintero

i got wafts of offputting funky pussy odor from a fresh wet box

I was recently thinking about this exact topic. It crossed my mind because in the "Show me your latest purchase" thread I never see anyone posting pics of Davidoffs. Personally I'm not a big fan of them because of price/flavor. However, the members of one of my local shops go crazy when they get new inventory. A lot of the guys buy multiple boxes at a time on a regular basis. I have a few in my humi that were gifted to me and to be quite honest I usually just re-gift them. It's really quite interesting how some cigars can be regionalized. For example, In Texas Liga's are sold out in a matter of hours yet sit on the shelves in other states.
    Greg

here are the pics. Finally got around to it. It's a nice looking case, just out of place.

Quote Originally Posted by bdc30 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CATom View Post
    Price is so prohibitive when there are so many others I know I like.
    This has been historically what has kept me away from trying the Davidoff line.
    Same here. Rather spend that kind of money on a VSG if I'm at the B&M.
    "Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman - or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle." - George Burns

www.davidaberdingphoto.com