What's new

“budget build wineador”.

MICSTOGIE

Gear-Head-Banger
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
My intentions of this build it to show just how little money one can spend building a wineador.

I got the wine cooler off Craigslist; an Avanti EWC-24, this thing is totally dead, circuit board issue most likely. This is fine because the cooler will be in my basement where the temp in the fridge holds around 64 – 68*.

I gutted this thing, took out all the electronics but was able to save one of the fans did work and is on the top by the LED lights.

I was able to use the peltier device that is incased in Styrofoam and plugged the back of the unit. I also ran my wires to the fans and for a light though the opening.

I ordered 1 small blue LED fan. I also ordered a strip of 48 small LED lights that will be line the top of the fridge. The timer will run the fans for 5 minutes every 3 hours for now. The timer is from a local hardware store. The LED light strip stays on all the time while the blue fan kicks on with the timer.

For humidity I am using kitty litter. I have about 2lbs in two trays on the top shelf and has been holding a solid 70% @ 65* for a few weeks now.

So the total for this build including the drawers, hardware and cooler…$220! Now time to start filling it up!

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
137   0   0
When I was building my wineador I was also able to get a non-functioning wine fridge on craigslist, it was awesome. I was left with a lot more money then I budgeted so I bought a couple more boxes of smokes to stuff inside. Your drawers look great, now get that thing full!