What's new

'00 bolivar royal corona

GuyMcBeerdrinker

poonsmith
Rating - 90%
20   2   1
I'll dispense with the general vitals, for I have just done a more detailed review on this same cigar recently.

wow, that a fantastic cigar. I have been smoking quite a few of these lately from various box codes and various vintages. must say that these specimens from the dreaded dark ages of habanos s.a. production have been the best I've had in quite some time.

I was fortunate to be gifted one by tx cop earlier this evening at serious cigars. I was hesitant to spark it after just having put a '99 montecristo no. 2 nub out to pasture. the plan was for me to "rest" my tastebuds for 15 minutes before firing it up. but my manhood was challenged and I had to respond accordingly, this is what manly men do.

prelight draw was uneventful, me thinks the subtle flavors lying within were not picked up my over worked tastebuds. however, putting a flame to this beast woke them up immediately. begining was your typical bolivar profile: earthy and robust. pumping out tons of smoke. this that the overall theme for the cigar for the first 1/3.

after I passed burned this innitial phase I started noticing it was feeding me a few puffs of tanic flavors here and there. little this I know it was getting ready to launch me into orbit. it made me do several double takes, "can this be real?" I said out loud. wanting to devote my full attention to this robusto, I took a seat on a leather chair.

good thing I did, I reached my seat in time to be taken on a wild anise roller coaster ride :smt103 . no effin' way this cigar changed flavors so aburruptly. straight up licorice. from the half way point until the band it was straight anise and a bit of tangy teasing. did not want this ride to end.

unfortunately, it was closing time and the lovely melissa kicked us out of the store. but I wasn't about to pitch this baby. we sat on the curb outside of the store like a bunch of spent whores while I finished the last bit of this robusto. did not disapoint now I'm left searching for more.

I give this particular cigar the highest marks across the board.

GuyMcBeerdrinker

poonsmith
Rating - 90%
20   2   1
bolivar is my second favorite marca. what is most amazing about them is how drastically flavors change after a few short years. take a fresh bbf and it will be earthy and strong. sit on it for about 3 years and you'll begin to sample hints of citrus. in another two years the cigar completely changes and tastes like you are smoking a tangerine...amazing.