What's new

04' Psd4

OFT

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK. Just what you need is another review of a PSD4. None the less, I am, and have been for many a years, a fan of this puro. I don’t have a record, or a diary of the many times I have enjoyed this particular cigar. But I need to say, I have enjoyed this wonderful “ working man’s” consistent, dependable, “never leaving you wanting for more”, ISOM for may years.

Though I have been an avid consumer of premium cigars since the mid 1980’s, I have not been one to “systematically” age a particular cigar ( or cigars) with the intention of enjoying it in the years to come. Having taken to heart the opinions and reviews of the members of various boards, I made the “plunge” and purchased 4 boxes of the PSD4’s as well as others (I received a nice 1st quarter bonus). They all arrived. :blob:

The reviews that I have read……the cigars that I have smoked………of the vintage2004, have convinced me that 2004 cigars could possibly be classics. I hope to keep my; “live for the moment; oh why not?” grubby hands off of a considerable amount of these wonderful cigars.

Oh yea……I am posting in the review category. Here I was………driving in my car with several boxes of newly delivered cigars. :driving: I had to “crack” a cab open and smoke one while driving. The old friend, PSD4 was the victim. Right off the t truck, out of the box I clipped this cigar while steering my car with my knee. I fired it up, after being shot the finger by a lady who had just finished applying makeup and mascara to here face after zooming past me.

Never had I had a cigar that delivered such a punch on the first draws. I thought I was going to need to pull over and eat a Subway sandwich to offset the strong characteristic of this wonderful cigar. Never the less, I continued down the road. This PSD4 soon “leveled out” and delivered the all the complexities that you hope for from the PSD4. It was a truly wonderful “smoke”.

Upon returning home, and “smuggling” the cigars into the house, out of view of my wife, I enjoyed the ritual of placing the newly acquired jewels in their proper resting-place. After dinner, I was forced to try another of the Partgas gems with a healthy shot of 15 yo Oban neat. This second sample from a just delivered “gross” of cigars completely killed any “buyers remorse” that I could have possibly had. This PSD4 burned perfectly, and delivered wonderful varieties of flavor. In fact, it was inspiring enough to make me get up, go to my computer, and use all these words to express what could have been said with a few words………Damn, that was a good cigar! :thumbsup:

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
OK, this is gonna sound weird, but where have I read this before? It says posted today, but I know I've read this exact review before...