What's new

06 rascc

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
fired up a 06 RASCC for the drive home. The cigar looks like a little chocolate bar. Deep, creamy brown goodness, just itching to be smoked.

The wrapper itself is smells like roasted nuts, some honey sweetness, and cocoa. The cigar has no soft spots and still maintains its box press even though it has been out of the box for over a year. The feel of the cigar is a little toothy. Not a gorgeous stick by any stretch but always a powerhouse of delicousness.

The cold draw brings expresso and cocoa in a big way, accented by sweetness and roasted nuts. The triple cap is a little rustic but takes to my punch easily.

The airflow and draw are just the right combination of smoothness and a slight resistance. Time to take this to flame.

The flavours hit you like a frieght train. Lush, robust, full flavoured expresso, roasted nuts, spice and sweetness are front and centre. Nothing shy about this little guy at all. Straight to the dance floor to wiggle it.

Strength continues to intensify as I get to the 2nd third. Are all my 06s built for speed and strength? The smoke coming off of this fills my car to the point that I had to open the rooftop. My car is now a choo choo train with all the smoke billowing out of it. LOL

Just arriving home. The cigar continues to develop over a short time. Some dried fruits and leather are now combining with the expresso/roasted nuts/spice/sweetness combination. I think we have peaked in the strength department.

The expresso/roasted nuts/spice/sweetness dance troupe has come back to the forefront. Man, this little guy packs a punch. The burn throughout the cigar has been excellent. No retouches or relights at all. The ash has been a consistent dirty grey and the smoke itself reminds me of chestnuts roasting on an open fire. Thank god the sun is shining and Jack Frost is not nippng at my nose. LOL

FInal Impressions: This is the RA profile at its finest. Take no prisoners, look at me, distinct flavours throughout the whole experience. I have to admit that these are stronger than I last smoked them. Noticably stronger. Just a hearty, robust little flavour bomb. A good pick me up cigar after a long day at work. I can see why these sell out as fast as they do. Like driving a muscle car at peak speed.

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Totally agree with your review, Art. I've only ever smoked one though, I was gifted two and still have one that I'm holding onto. If I could find them, I would buy boxes of them, but they are nowhere to be found.

Rating - 100%
127   0   0
Thanks for the review.

Whats odd for me is I've yet to try a cigar from RA's regular production slicks, I hear they are great. I only seem to have smoked/purchased their LE's/RE's and other special release size's? Also, they always seem to be a great value.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
RA are great value INHO. I find that the construction, tobacco and flavours are top notch. If push caem to shove, I would recommend a cabinet of RASS vs dress box as I am not a big fan of the box press.

They are priced well so you can stock up. If I ever find any more RASCC.......

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Thanks for the review.

Whats odd for me is I've yet to try a cigar from RA's regular production slicks, I hear they are great. I only seem to have smoked/purchased their LE's/RE's and other special release size's? Also, they always seem to be a great value.
What I find strange is, the LE/RE's seem to be easier to get than their regular line. The RASCC are darn near impossible to find.

Rating - 100%
179   0   0
Thanks for the review. It has to be over 20 in just the last couple of months! Way to go brother, keep 'em coming!!