What's new

10 years of Botl and Jfire/Jolietilfire

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
I will add to this thread with some memories( pictures) a few days later when I have time. 10 years ago I came here looking to find info out on a few different brands of cigars and Cubans lol. Little did I know I would find friendships that would last a lifetime.
Literally a 100 herfs later.
13 guys spending the night at my house for 2 days.
60 guys at one house for a BOTL Mega Herf.
5 years at a local cigar lounge recruiting guys to come aboard here.
Traveling to 7 states to Herf in. (Mi, IN, WI, MS, TN, NJ, AR) soon to be 8 states.
Meeting one hell of a board owner. (Who has stayed at my house twice)
Watching people give everything.
Watching people pass away.
Going on a one time Botl trip to Esteli, Nicaragua by Pepin/Pete Johnson
Having Dion and Pete on the board talking daily in 2008.
The biggest bomb ever thread.
Building my home cigar lounge and having 90 plus Botl herf in it over the last 6 years
Meeting several hundred Botl peeps in person.
These are a few of the things I’ve cherished and what Botl has given me in my life. Thank you Eric and thank you Botl.
Respectfully,
Justin
If you have read this and interacted with me in the past please post a memory to share!

Attachments

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
97   0   0
I'm glad to see the fellowship of the members has not died out. Now only if we had some actual active mods that were involved in the daily community. That's what creates true growth and makes it all come together.

sean

BoM June 13
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
Justin, Do you remember that one night a few years back where we are all in a videochat and you kept bumping 80's and 90's hip hop, while threatening to bust out your z cavaricci pants? I can't think about you and not think about z cavaricci's now...

Still looking forward to meeting you in person.

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Justin, Do you remember that one night a few years back where we are all in a videochat and you kept bumping 80's and 90's hip hop, while threatening to bust out your z cavaricci pants? I can't think about you and not think about z cavaricci's now...

Still looking forward to meeting you in person.
Oh man, I had a FRESH pair of Z Cavaricci (forest green) back in '92!

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I have very fond memories of our short time together at the first Hillbilly Herf that I attended several years ago. I appreciate all that you have contributed to the group, your devotion to your family and your contribution to your community's well being by serving as a first responder. You are a fine young man and and an excellent example for others to follow. I am proud to know you.

andysc83

Hack the Gibson!
Rating - 100%
124   0   0
I'll never forget the multiple herfs we've spent together and the night we all got to hang out in Asheville! From us having a cigar at Green Man and talking to those old guys, to us jamming out to some bluegrass band at 2am. I have more pics somewhere but just a few that reminded me of the great times we had together.

Got to have my drink of Prop thanks to you -

From one of the Mississippi herfs -

Rating - 100%
39   0   0
If you have read this and interacted with me in the past please post a memory to share!
ten years! thats almost 15 years!

ive had the honor of meeting and hanging out with justin on many occasions, as he is only about an hour drive from me (late night, doing 90 on the expressway). other than herfs at local lounges, poker nights, and superbowl parties, heres a few memories that i have that stand out in my memory...

first time we met there was a big herf at his place (around 30 people, i think). @ChefBoyRG54 was just getting into CCs, and he pulled out (i believe) a montecristo A with about 10 years of age on it, iirc (feel free to correct me on the exact smoke and year). anyway, an inch into the smoke ryan (aka chef, for those that dont know his name) says he isnt getting anything out of the smoke and tosses it onto the ground. justin says "wtf are you doing?!?", picks it up and starts smoking it, saying it has amazing flavor. he turns to me and says something like "god dammit, take a pull from this cigar". that was the first and last time ive taken a puff from someone else's cigar. he was right.. it was damn good. #NoHomo

same herf, jfire gives a few of us (that have never been to his house prior to this night) a tour of the lounge. this lounge is truly something you have to experience. you can tell a lot of thought went into building it out - and he did most, if not all, the work with only the help of @W.B. ... in the lounge he and i shared the last 2 drinks out of a bottle of pappy 21. i tried to refuse because i know that stuff is pricey as heck... but he just poured and handed it to me.

another herf he had i decided to bring my pup, since we were outside. everything went swimmingly until we started winding down for the night. my pup was found in the bushes and got tangled up in some super sticky tape fly traps. justin pretty much woke up the whole house looking for dog shampoo. (sorry brenda!)

although im not on here as much as i used to be (or as much as id like to be), i have to agree - many friendships formed here that i can honestly say will last a lifetime.

chaz/tadpole

ChefBoyRG54

BoM Sept '14 & BoY 2014
Rating - 100%
218   0   0
Weird timing, what are you doing this evening

ten years! thats almost 15 years!

ive had the honor of meeting and hanging out with justin on many occasions, as he is only about an hour drive from me (late night, doing 90 on the expressway). other than herfs at local lounges, poker nights, and superbowl parties, heres a few memories that i have that stand out in my memory...

first time we met there was a big herf at his place (around 30 people, i think). @ChefBoyRG54 was just getting into CCs, and he pulled out (i believe) a montecristo A with about 10 years of age on it, iirc (feel free to correct me on the exact smoke and year). anyway, an inch into the smoke ryan (aka chef, for those that dont know his name) says he isnt getting anything out of the smoke and tosses it onto the ground. justin says "wtf are you doing?!?", picks it up and starts smoking it, saying it has amazing flavor. he turns to me and says something like "god dammit, take a pull from this cigar". that was the first and last time ive taken a puff from someone else's cigar. he was right.. it was damn good. #NoHomo

same herf, jfire gives a few of us (that have never been to his house prior to this night) a tour of the lounge. this lounge is truly something you have to experience. you can tell a lot of thought went into building it out - and he did most, if not all, the work with only the help of @W.B. ... in the lounge he and i shared the last 2 drinks out of a bottle of pappy 21. i tried to refuse because i know that stuff is pricey as heck... but he just poured and handed it to me.

another herf he had i decided to bring my pup, since we were outside. everything went swimmingly until we started winding down for the night. my pup was found in the bushes and got tangled up in some super sticky tape fly traps. justin pretty much woke up the whole house looking for dog shampoo. (sorry brenda!)

although im not on here as much as i used to be (or as much as id like to be), i have to agree - many friendships formed here that i can honestly say will last a lifetime.

chaz/tadpole

Rating - 100%
39   0   0
The association is doing a bunch of stuff to the driveways. Unlikely i can leave the house tonight... If i do, i won't have a place to park when i get back because everyone is parked on the street. I had to park a half mile away last night. Ridiculous.
How long you in town for? Assuming you are headed to jfires?

Hoshneer

Blumpkin King
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
Shit dude... It started as a cigar with a friend. The next day I was on a forum board in chat getting booted every five minutes being made fun of by old timers. Now I sell cigars for a living and love every fucking minute of it.

These guys have been here for me when life was down and dirty and my house caught on fire. I feel like it's family I never met. I flew to California for the weekend to meet some of the best BOTL ever and even got chased by a clown.

It made me who I am and is a huge part of why I love what I do. I will never be able to repay the kindness some brothers have bestowed on to me.