What's new

10 years smoking, just started learning.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, the obligatory intro. I have been smoking cigars, nothing expensive although I seem to have spent a lot!, Always wondered why some supposed half decent cigars, from good vendors, were sometimes just really bad. Split wrappers, hard tight draw, bitter. Took me 10 years but I finally realised that, if i smoked the cigars within the 1 st couple of weeks, they were better than if I left them for a month or so. Time to do some research! i started to learn, theres a lot to learn. As we speak I have around 65/70 cigars, Padron 7000, Romeo y Julieta 1875 churcill, La Gloria cubana, Arturo Fuente. Mostly from my go to humidor in Scottsdale AZ, Cigar King. I have a 7qt Tupperdor with 69% boveda, which seems to be holding (I have 2 calibrated digital hygrometers) at 69-70%. I also have a currently seasoning, using Boveda 84%, large Savoy Bubinga humidor. I feel, finally, that I am getting tghis. I have learned a lot from you guys and, no doubt will continue to do so. For that, I thank you.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Y'all for the welcome. Now I have the storage figured out, I find that I am way less disappointed. Its also way less expensive! Lol! I am less bothered when it comes to buying the, slightly, more expensive cigars and also buying in more bulk. I am interested in using the cedar wood (lined) humidor for aging. I bought a box of La Gloria Cubana Charlemagne (7.25x54) for this. Suggestions would be most appreciated.

Nacho Daddy

Irrepressibly Irreverent Inveterate Ignominy
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
Hello from Greensboro.

Be sure to set aside half a day to enjoy a Charlemagne........... :cat: :hungry::hilarious:

Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Welcome to the slippery slope from NorCal.

I’d normally leave it at that but just something that helped me with a lot of smoking issues - I dialed my RH back to 65’ish. A little less humidity has made a world of difference, and I’m not having to dry box stuff.

You’ll also find that there are a TON of options depending on your smoking / flavor profile, which may also change over time. I find age for most cigars is a good thing, but age can’t turn a turd into a unicorn.

Again, welcome. Ask questions and get to know the crowd. Lots of good people here with common ground in enjoying premium cigars.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the slippery slope from NorCal.

I’d normally leave it at that but just something that helped me with a lot of smoking issues - I dialed my RH back to 65’ish. A little less humidity has made a world of difference, and I’m not having to dry box stuff.

You’ll also find that there are a TON of options depending on your smoking / flavor profile, which may also change over time. I find age for most cigars is a good thing, but age can’t turn a turd into a unicorn.

Again, welcome. Ask questions and get to know the crowd. Lots of good people here with common ground in enjoying premium cigars.
I have brought my tupperdor down to 65% RH (actually fluctuates a little between 64% and 66%) and temp is solid at 74f. I will let the sticks balance out for a couple of weeks, before smoking. I didnt really have a problem at 69/70% but am trusting the more experienced experts here. Looking forward to transferring into the wooden humidor at the end of this week. I will then use the tupperdor for every day smokes and, at least try, not to open the wooden box too often. I plan on using 69% Boveda in there, hoping that the natural porosity will settle the RH at around 65%.

Nacho Daddy

Irrepressibly Irreverent Inveterate Ignominy
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
tupperware is a sealed environment,you should not need Bovedas at 69%.

65% should do nicely until you put something in the tupperware that is over 65%
occasional opening will not make much difference.......

Rating - 100%
93   0   0
I have brought my tupperdor down to 65% RH (actually fluctuates a little between 64% and 66%) and temp is solid at 74f. I will let the sticks balance out for a couple of weeks, before smoking. I didnt really have a problem at 69/70% but am trusting the more experienced experts here. Looking forward to transferring into the wooden humidor at the end of this week. I will then use the tupperdor for every day smokes and, at least try, not to open the wooden box too often. I plan on using 69% Boveda in there, hoping that the natural porosity will settle the RH at around 65%.
Like I said, welcome to the slippery slope.

Rule #2 - if you think you need a 50 count wooden humidor, buy a 150 count, LOL

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like I said, welcome to the slippery slope.

Rule #2 - if you think you need a 50 count wooden humidor, buy a 150 count, LOL
Haha!! Yes, I have that covered. I have around 70 sticks atm, and have a 100 count wooden humidor and a 7qt tupperdor. So, some room for expansion. For now. :sneaky: