What's new

100 best beer bars

Benzopyrene

BoM June 08
Rating - 100%
108   0   0
The had a chain section where they mention. Flying saucer, woodrows, ginger man......failed to leave out petrol station or hop house.....and Im sure many others across texas

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Looks like a great list of destinations.

Surprised to see that The Yardhouse didn't make the list.

Might be a little too "Applebees" in some respects, but when the length of a very long island bar is filled with taps on both sides, it's hard not to be impressed. And thirsty.

I'd really like to make a roadtrip and check out The Trappist in Oakland, too.

Herfin' Harg

BoM March 2012
Rating - 100%
142   0   0
To be fair, what are they judging this on? Reputation? Or did they actually go there and check it out? That'd be an awful lot of traveling for one article per year.

Normally, I wouldn't care, but I'm with Benzo here - TX has clearly been defamed!

To be fair, the one TX bar listed (Draught House in Austin) does have free sausage/brats on Sundays with beer purchase - and I think we can all agree that's pretty bad-ass - but it's not the best bar in the state by a long shot.

Last edited:

Herfin' Harg

BoM March 2012
Rating - 100%
142   0   0
I felt this deserved another post, immediately below the one I just put up, so TJ, please delete your intervening post...

I also don't know how I feel about TX being listed under "West", and it calls into suspicion whether the author(s) have even visited the state. Clearly, "West" is inadequate. Depending on where you are in TX, you can be in the South, the West, Northern Mexico or Hell (if you're anywhere near Houston).

Rating - 96.7%
32   1   0
I felt this deserved another post, immediately below the one I just put up, so TJ, please delete your intervening post...

I also don't know how I feel about TX being listed under "West", and it calls into suspicion whether the author(s) have even visited the state. Clearly, "West" is inadequate. Depending on where you are in TX, you can be in the South, the West, Northern Mexico or Hell (if you're anywhere near Houston).
+1 Word!!! Plus there was only one listed,........I call total BS on this list. Texas is a BEER state and I cant believe there is only one bar in this list.

sean

BoM June 13
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
I am happy to see my former place of employment made the cut, but none of the sister bars did (which are kinda cooler, in some respects).

These yahoos also failed when they called Hamilton's the oldest beer bar in SD. It is operating on the oldest license, but O'Brein's is the oldest (still operating) in the San Diego city limits.