What's new

16 Years ago today....

tripp

MASTER SHAKE
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
....I was involved in a terrible auto accident that changed my life.

I hit a patch of ice and lost control of my car getting on I-75 in Cincinnati while going to work. When I did that my car (a beautiful 1978 Dodge Magnum that I loved, my third car) got sideways and got in the path of a semi, nailing me in the drivers door.

A few broken bones and a split open skull later and a fall down a flight of stairs 6 weeks after that and another wreck going to a doctor check up 2 months after that made for a rough couple of months.

My then girlfriend, now wife took great care of me and for that I am greatful.
We were wed in July of 1989 while I was not recovered, but she has been there for me.

The reason for this is this......you never know what tomorrow will bring , so enjoy today, it could be your last.

I am taking a beautiful smoke to work with me today to celebrate.

:smt031 :smt031 :smt031 :smt031 :smt031 :smt031 :smt031 :smt031

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Here's hoping to a brighter, and safer, future for you and the mrs :smt045

That very same thing crossed my mind this morning as I was headed out the door.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never forget, Any day above ground is a good day.

Unless you're a coal miner........ :smt110

shatfield

Toast? Nope, Burnt!
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Perfect reason to smoke the best you have everyday! And make sure she smokes one with you!

Rating - 100%
206   0   0
Glad to see you are still with us. Many people have similiar life changing moments ... but fail to do anything about it. Hope your day is a great one!

Live like there's no tomorrow ...
Work like you'll live forever ...

tubaman

3 Time BoM
Rating - 100%
173   0   0
Glad you are still with us JT!!! My sister was involved in an auto accident last year. When I saw the pictures I thought there is no way she could have survived, but she didn't have a scratch, a little whiplash and that's it.

Each day here on earth is a gift to us!

Poni

BoM Oct 05
Rating - 100%
55   0   0
john tripp said:
The reason for this is this......you never know what tomorrow will bring , so enjoy today, it could be your last.

I am taking a beautiful smoke to work with me today to celebrate.

:smt031 :smt031 :smt031 :smt031 :smt031 :smt031 :smt031 :smt031

I needed that!!!

Thanks man and enjoy!

IHT

Im-Ho-Tep
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
amazing how things in life happen. glad yours turned out for the best.

i can relate to two events in my life.

1 - in '98, i had been divorced for 2 years, decided to get back into dating. one time, i got stood up, so i hopped online all pissed off and accidentally met a girl, trying to show her how to do things in a chat-room. 1 year later, we got married (to the day - just because i was in town at the time). she's amazing.

2 - about 2 months after my son was born, we had just moved into a new house. on my way back to work, some lady ran a stop sign doing about 40+ in an older full size F150. i, in my mustang, luckily saw her and i stopped in time before the grill of that truck came right at my face on the drivers side (still full speed). i'd easily have been dead, the bumper was face height, and i don't think glass would've slowed it down.

so, what are the chances?

it's just amazing how some things in life work out like that.

you've got a good woman. congrats.

tripp

MASTER SHAKE
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
I guess we all have had some kind of experience that should change our lives.
The big question, did you let it change your life?
Something as simple as that split second 16 years ago is still affecting a major portion of my life that long ago. I walk with a slight limp and in a lot of pain still to this day.
It gets me down and I forget the lesson it should of taught me that each day is important and could be the last one for you or somone important to you.

Go out and enjoy today.