What's new

163 Law Enforcement officers have died this year alone.

Angry Bill

2x BoM, BoY '08
Staff member
Rating - 100%
201   0   0
It gets around the holidays and I remember those men and women that have paid the ultimate price for all us to live safe in each of our cities. At my work, we have 3 families of the fallen officers that we buy presents and try to make Chirstmas something good. 5 of my friends are listed on the page throughout the years. I pray, no more of my friends or any other law enforcement officer will ever have to pay the ultimate price.

http://www.odmp.org/year.php

I post this link so that you can see those officers that have fallen in your state. Say a prayer for the families. May God watch over them and bring peace to thier hearts.

To those men and women no longer with us, we will never forget you. You will all remain in our hearts and minds and your work will be continued. ALthough you paid to keep us safe with your life, we will continued to work on to make others safe.

Greg

BoM October 2006
Rating - 100%
119   0   0
I had to attend a funeral in April for my brother-in-law's brother Luke. I had known him since he was 10, and at 24 years old had been a cop for only a year. It's hard to write this or even think about it because it was such a tragic loss.

At the funeral there were thousands of police from every jurisdiction in the state, congressmen, senators and the governor. But the police presence was just amazing.

RigilKent

RigilKent
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
I had to attend a funeral in April for my brother-in-law's brother Luke. I had known him since he was 10, and at 24 years old had been a cop for only a year. It's hard to write this or even think about it because it was such a tragic loss.

At the funeral there were thousands of police from every jurisdiction in the state, congressmen, senators and the governor. But the police presence was just amazing.
ill keep luke and the other 163 LEO's in my prayers god bless

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
That number seems about normal except for 2001, and that was a tragic event in itself. I hate to hear this but it's part of life.

Angry Bill

2x BoM, BoY '08
Staff member
Rating - 100%
201   0   0
Aye, it is a part of my profession. Still very hard to loose brothers and sisters, just as it is hard to loose the men and women serving in the military. God bless them all, no matter where they are protecting us.