What's new

'17 Montecristo Media Corona

Dran

"That guy"
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
@Master Shake, I'll give reviewing another go! Disclaimer: I don't have the greatest palate, but sometimes its fun to take the time and TRY to find those subtle nuances that MUST be there, because so many people find them! I'll be partaking in an MMC for this.20181130_192851.jpgPre-light:
Ever so slightly spongy the full length of the stick, not to the extreme, feels like it will be a nice, even tempered smoke. The foot smells like a cigar:ROFLMAO:. Cold draw seemed slightly musty, but not mold like to me, I'm guessing this is what people describe as "mushroom"?
20181130_194142.jpg
1st third:
I picked up mostly grass and hay with a bit of "twang". There were a few drags where I almost tasted milk chocolate, and some creamy pulls as well, but never together.
20181130_195027.jpg
2nd third:
The twang intensified a bit, the grass and hay faded, and a nice woody flavor came to the front... Almost oaky... But with a mesquite twist. Towards the end of this third i started getting a chemically metallic taste (more on that in the final third).

3rd third: no picture, phone baterry to low for photos.
As I eased into the home stretch, that metal/chemical taste came to me.. It kind of reminded me of the floral flavors from the middle of a RyJ short Churchill, by this point the twang seems to have leveled off, and the grass and hay all but gone. As I worked into the final inch, the floral notes gave way to a strong flavor of Lipton's black tea, with an occasional hint at the milk chocolate from earlier.

Final thoughts:
This is one of my favorites, and by not slowing down to really pay attention to it, I've been cheating myself! Aside from a slight wiggle in the first third it burned pretty much razor straight! I'd give this a solid 9/10 all day!
Hope this was enjoyable to read and not too long winded. Turns out my sense of taste is better than i give it credit for, I just need to slow down and pay attention to the cigar!

Last edited:
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice review. The Half Coronas are some of my most treasured cigars and the MMC is one of them that I always have boxes stocked up much like the HUHC. I think with recent prices these are a no brained to have testing in the tupperdors. I try to keep 5-6 boxes of both the Monte and the H.Upmann ready for when duty calls. I find these seem to outlast the Upmann of same size. Both are very value oriented without sacrificing any enjoyment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Nice review, I have not bought any Monte's in a while. I got a 10 box of Petit Edmundos last year that were disappointing. Two were amazing, and the other 8 were flat and flavorless. With that said, I really love the Number 4. That mushroom, barnyard, milk chocolate mix is killer in the small rg! I need to grab a box of those soon.