What's new

17 pounds of balls

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Had to check this out because of the title....LoL! Nothing like mans best friend who lives up to the name!

Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Used a shotgun? Man I hope he had slugs in that badboy. Seems as if one were cougar hunting you would use a rifle. More efficent and humane. Just my .02.

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Jack's owner, Chad Strenge, told The Argus Leader that the dog "trees cats all the time," and that the plucky terrier probably "figured it was just a cat."
I hate to sound like a smartass but the dog is right in a way. Also, this article is another reason why dogs and not cats are man's best friend.

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
I hate to sound like a smartass but the dog is right in a way. Also, this article is another reason why dogs and not cats are man's best friend.
Agreed. I don't really have anything against cats, just dogs are soooo much better

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
Used a shotgun? Man I hope he had slugs in that badboy. Seems as if one were cougar hunting you would use a rifle. More efficent and humane. Just my .02.
I believe it said he was squirrel hunting. which mean he had pretty light shot in those shells.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
He wasn't cougar hunting. :stickbeat

LINK

Conservation Officer Brandon Gust came from Lake County to pick up the animal and take it to South Dakota State University right away. Gust didn't ticket the farmers, Strenge said, because the mountain lion was threatening their property

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
That's quite an amazing dog. I agree, this could have quite easily ended badly for both of them had the dog not spotted the mountain lion when he did.

The comments left on the site at the OP's link make me sick, though. people who never grew up around widlife should keep their mouths shut. Oh wait.. these are probably the same people who tell their plumber, mechanic, etc how to do their job while sticking their nose into everything.

Dread

I sell cigars
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Thats badass, there was a story a few years back about a jack russel that saved a child from being attacked by 2 strays. They went after the kid and the jack russel attacked them first. The little guy didnt make it though, he was a bit outgunned unfortunatly by the 2 much larger dogs.

Found the story

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/World-News/Dog-Bravery-Jack-Russell-George-Awarded-PDSA-Gold-Medal-For-Saving-Children-From-Pit-Bull-Terriers/Article/200902215220504?lpos=World_News_News_Your_Way_Region_5&lid=NewsYourWay_ARTICLE_15220504_Dog_Bravery:_Jack_Russell_George_Awarded_PDSA_Gold_Medal_For_Saving_Children_From_Pit_Bull_Terriers