What's new

1930's Harvester Clear Havana

Hardcore

BoM April '09
Rating - 100%
148   0   0
I recently scored some of these & decided to do a quick review on one.
As with most clear havanas the cello is bright yellow & the band is on the outside of the cello. The sweet smell of perfectly aged tobacco rose up as I unwrap it. The sick has a slight box press & is a little rough in appearance. The clip & predraw tasted of sweet grass. I can't wait to burn this!
The first third was all sweet. Lots of honey & at times a hint of vanilla. The sweet grass was there, but faint. The ash held on but pieces flaked of the sides. I'm loving this cigar!
The second third the vanilla picked up a tiny bit. Still lots of honey & great big clouds of creamy smoke. I got a couple tiny tastes of light spice. The burn has stayed razor sharp even in the wind. The ash held fast for about an inch then dropped off.
The last third & I'm really sad to see this smoke winding down. It's so creamy & sweet. Like having a piece of candy in your mouth while smoking a cigar. The honey & vanilla are equal tastes now & there is no more sweet grass. Good & perfect until the last puff.
This was by far the best clear havana I've ever smoked. It blew all others out of the water. I'd give it a 10/10!

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
Joe, thanks for the review and pic's, glad to hear it was definately a very enjoyable smoke for you.

smokingIsh

BoM July '09
Rating - 100%
171   0   0
Joe, out of curiosity what would you rate the strength. All clears I have smoked have been very mild. I assume that the major aging has to do with this, but I wanted to get your opinion on this one.

Hardcore

BoM April '09
Rating - 100%
148   0   0
Joe, out of curiosity what would you rate the strength. All clears I have smoked have been very mild. I assume that the major aging has to do with this, but I wanted to get your opinion on this one.
I'd say most definitely mild. Most I've had have also been mild. I too think it's the age that does that. But alot of the sticks from back then say "mild" on them or on the box.

smokingIsh

BoM July '09
Rating - 100%
171   0   0
I'd say most definitely mild. Most I've had have also been mild. I too think it's the age that does that. But alot of the sticks from back then say "mild" on them or on the box.
Very true, stronger cigars did not become popular to the late 80's. JR Cigars claims they are the first to introduce americans to stronger cigars. I dont know if that is true, but I think that does prove a theory or two that the general public prefered milds.

Hardcore

BoM April '09
Rating - 100%
148   0   0
Very true, stronger cigars did not become popular to the late 80's. JR Cigars claims they are the first to introduce americans to stronger cigars. I dont know if that is true, but I think that does prove a theory or two that the general public prefered milds.
Also most cc's old or new tend to lean more toward the milder side.