What's new

1950’s Punch Especiales (Pre-Embargo)

Rating - 100%
33   0   0
(As of yesterday, I am officially an alumnus of the University of Central Florida. To celebrate, I spent the better part of the weekend smoking numerous rare and HTF cigars with my step-father. In the midst of all the chaos that is my family, I managed to snap a few pictures this afternoon, and share my experience of one such cigar)

Slated for today was…

Punch Especiales
Size (Shape): 4 7/8 X 40 (Petit Corona)
Estimated year of Production: Late 1950’s (Pre-Embargo)
Packaging: Cardboard boxes of 25
Origin: Cuba

First Third: Open was light pepper with some finish of spice. The flavors were mild…. VERY MILD. At some points there were discernable notes of chocolate and roasted coffee, but for the most part, it was bland.

Middle Third: This was by far the best part of the cigar. There were hints of nuts, and a very subtle, woody flavor. Still considerably mild, there was something going on that retained my interest in finishing the stick.

Final Third: The flavors were mostly consistent. A little bit of pepper made itself present towards the end. The limited amount of flavors also seemed to come together very well. Almost like it was aged or something……

Overall Impression: This was a pleasant cigar. Periodically, there would be a dull paper like taste. Then again, at times, there would also be some profound flavors that really got me interested. Of all the sticks that I’ve smoked from this time frame, I would rate this above average. Whether it was because of the manner in which it was stored, or the quality of tobacco. Considering how good the draw and burn was, if I come across these again, I will not hesitate to acquire more.

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
Very nice review Adam, thanks for sharing your experience and congrats on your graduation my friend! :thumbsup:

xddco

The Skipper
Rating - 100%
115   0   0
Congrats... I have one son who graduated form UCF and my daughter is a journalism major there...she's the on-line editor for school paper...... great school.

and best of luck!