The Thinker
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
Mfg.: Davidoff of Geneva
Vitola: #2
Orgin: Cuba
Year: aprox. 1988
Size: aprox 38 x 5-5/8
Smoke time: Didn't finish; smoked just past 1/2 way in 35 min.
Construction: excellent in all aspects
Burn: Perfect; absolutely perfect. an example of perfect craftsmanship
Ash: Just as MRN expects; white as snow.
Flavor:

Being the recent purchaser of MRNs almanac, I was thoroughly upset with his description of this cigar. In summary he said that there is not an aficionado alive that wouldn't agree that these cigars are dead. Knowing fullwell that the source I bought these from would have kept the cigars in perfect condition, I was hopeful that there was some chance he could be mistaken...He wasn't.
Upon lighting, Cedar was a dominating flavor. Not Ceder mixed with tobacco, just cedar. It was as if that was all I was smoking. The odd thing was that it wasn't too powerful of a flavor, rather that in the absence of other tasting items this one was the only flavor there to be picked up. I wouldn't recommend this cigar to anyone ESPECIALLY for the price. I had such a poor experience that I even regret gifting one of these to Crawdad. I hope he enjoys it more than I did.

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
Damn man that blows...I just read MRN's description of this tonight. Got the book Last night and made it to 'E' today, read every word so far.

vewyphishy

Smoking fish
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's unfortunate... but it doesn't surprise me that an esteemed brand such as Davidoff has a letdown somewhere in its lineup.