What's new

1988 - Gotta Love It!

ATCDub

Lowly Civil Servant
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
My first computer was a TRS-80 CCIII. Damn RF convertor plug busted and I lost track of it. There are a few emulators out there if you need your Androne, Color Baseball, or Downland fix.
That's too funny. We had one for the brand new "Computer Class" in high school. I think it had 8K of RAM, but the next semester's class got the smokin' one that had 16K. I think my phone has about 1000 times the computing power as the whole lab. Twenty years from now we'll be saying "You remember when we used to have to type to post" and newbies will say "You guys are really old"

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
That's too funny. We had one for the brand new "Computer Class" in high school. I think it had 8K of RAM, but the next semester's class got the smokin' one that had 16K. I think my phone has about 1000 times the computing power as the whole lab. Twenty years from now we'll be saying "You remember when we used to have to type to post" and newbies will say "You guys are really old"
When I went ot college we created programs on punch cards that ran through a reader.:smokingbo

ATCDub

Lowly Civil Servant
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
We had an old IBM punch card maker (don't know their actual name) in the basement at work. They used to type in flight plan information for processing. Keep in mind in 1996 my profession was still using vaccuum tubes in their equipment. Anybody remember the tube testers in the hardware stores?