What's new

1998 Ramon Allones Petit Corona

Rating - 100%
14   0   0

Got this from a great BOTL when I visited SoCal earlier this year. had the pleasure of meeting some great BOTLs and enjoy some fantastic cigars.

The wrapper is a caramel coloured colorado brown. Just beautiful. No viens to be seen and a gorgeous silky smooth wrapper.

Construction is solid. Well packed. No soft spots. Only a ever slight give when squeezed. The foot is packed with tobacco goodness.

The wrapper emits a smell of well, aged tobacco. Can't put my finger on it. The cold draw of the foot is a little resistant. just the way I like it. What a well constructed cigar.

The triple cap is magnifico. It easily takes to my punch. Cold draw reveals, cinnimmon, stewed fruit, expresso and earthiness. Nothing harsh at all.

Time to take the to the flame....

Rating - 100%
14   0   0

The cigar takes easily to the flame. The draw is fantastic and the burn line is razor sharp.

Stewed fruits, (pineapple and apricot), marshmellow, bittle chocolate and earthiness come to the forefront. A barrage of flavours. More like focused intensity. No harshness at all.

The afterfinish is filled a very clean, distinct tobacco taste. IT actually reminds me of vanilla wafers. LOL Delightful!!!!

This cigar deserves to be sipped. Long, slow draws. Let the smoke dance on my palate and then release. Fantastic!!!!

The ash is a "Dirty" grey. Copious amounts of smoke. I am going to hate when this cigar comes to an end...

Rating - 100%
14   0   0

A more earthy, chocolatey, robustness now comes to the forefront in the 2nd third.

I can almost chew the afterfinish. Loads of chocolatey goodness, with a hint of nuttiness and caramel. Makes me want a chocolate bar. The strength has picked up slightly but no hints of harshness whatsoever.

The burn line is excellent. The smoke copious, both from the foot and from the punch hole. Sublime!!!

Why did you discontinue this cigar Habanos SA? WWWWWWHHHHHHYYYYYY???????????

Rating - 100%
14   0   0

This cigar is addictive!!! The closer I get to the end, the slower I smoke it. This rivals my beloved Cohiba Siglo II. Just a great combination of flavours that come in and out throughout the cigar.

Stewed fruit, dried fruit, marshmellow, chocolate,leather, a small trace of rich expresso, earthiness and a small dollop of spice all take their turn taking centre stage.

The burn line is a smoker's dream. So straight. Such a great draw. Never touched any additional flame after the initial light.

Truly a fantastic cigar. If anyone wants to get rid of these, I am your huckleberry. Habanos SA, if you read this, PLEASE BRING THIS CIGAR BACK!!!!!!!

A great way to celebrate Canada Day!!!! Thank you to the great BOTL who gave me the privledge of trying these. What a treat!!!

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
A more earthy, chocolatey, robustness now comes to the forefront in the 2nd third.

I can almost chew the afterfinish. Loads of chocolatey goodness, with a hint of nuttiness and caramel. Makes me want a chocolate bar. The strength has picked up slightly but no hints of harshness whatsoever.

The burn line is excellent. The smoke copious, both from the foot and from the punch hole. Sublime!!!

Why did you discontinue this cigar Habanos SA? WWWWWWHHHHHHYYYYYY???????????
They hate us. :(

This and the Trinidad RE just makes me shake my head. :(

Awesome review, Art!

BMack

Some say I'm a dreamer...
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
WOW! That sounds like an amazing cigar! Geez, I wish I could source some of these!!!