What's new

2 murders in 2 days

tripp

MASTER SHAKE
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
In the small podunk town I live in we have had 2 murders in 2 days.
One was a guy who was shot by someone that he had an altercation with earlier in the day. And the second one was a guy was shot in his home and his wife stabbed.

While I did grow up in Cincinnati where murder is common. ( they set a 25 year record last year and are going to eclipse that this year. ) It is uncommon here.

The county sheriff was assaninated a few years ago here. Just kind of shakes my confidence of living in a safe place.

Rating - 100%
57   0   0
The little town I grew up in was quaint to look at, what with the Amish buggies, John Deere tractors and combines coming through our single traffic light but there was a bunch of stuff going on. Pagans MC, Mob, theft rings and all kinds of crap. There was a movie, At Close Range starring Sean Penn and Christopher Walken that was about a bunch of people I knew and hung around with.
Bruce Johnston senior and his cronies were finally convicted on seven counts of murder. That's only the ones they had enough evidence for.
They'd give teenagers (friends of mine) drugs and money to steal for them. When the Feds began an investigation the gang started wasting anyone who could point a finger at them. Most of them they made dig their own shallow grave before giving them two shots to the back of the head. The asshole even ordered both of his sons killed. One was successful and the other, Bruce Jr., was shot seven times and left for dead. His girlfriend, Robin, was killed but he lived and turned States Evidence against his father when he got out of the hospital.
See if your local video store has the movie. It's pretty good. It freaked me out when I saw it for the first time even though it strays quite a bit from what actually went down. The actress who plays Bruce's girlfriend in the movie is a spitting image of the real girl, Robin. It was freakin' spooky for me, watching that.

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
Brian, you are still hosting the summer HERF ? Should we bring vests etc just in case? Cause I plan on making it and will refrain from any and all WV hillbilly jokes.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hate to be the one to say it, but there is no such thing as a safe place....

And you have no Idea how much I hate to say that. :(

Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Headbanger said:
Brian, you are still hosting the summer HERF ? Should we bring vests etc just in case? Cause I plan on making it and will refrain from any and all WV hillbilly jokes.
:rofl: Fear not. The perimeter will be secured! What do you think the "Guns" part is for? And, I'm not a WV native so jokes are welcome. Just no firecrackers. Sudden loud noises cause me to have flashbacks and I go into self-preservation mode. The neighbors always hate when that happens. :assaultri

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Dang. Always hate it when the news starts running a bunch of stories like that. Seems to happen in spurts, at least here.