What's new

20 years ago Christmas Day

Rating - 100%
46   0   0
Some of you may know that I was in the Marines. I am still Marine as they say Not as Lean Not as Mean But still a Marine. But this Christmas will be 20 years since I was sent to the Gulf War. It is hard to believe it has been that long ago. Desert Storm is sort of a forgotten war. It only lasted what 100 days. I feel sorry for our young men and women today. They are in a serious war right now. I just wanted to tell you guys this none the less I did see combat. If you are reading this in English thank a Vet. Cheers.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hell, I got there back in August.:rofl:

Last December was the 20th Ann'y of Just Cause.

In a little over 3 weeks, I will be starting my 23rd year...heh...Old Paratroopers never die....

iCraig

Cigars, hockey, and beer.
Rating - 100%
69   0   0
Thanked a current soldier today at the airport as he was flying back home. I always be sure to thank them for their service.

Thanks for yours!

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Hard to believe it's been 20 years since I was over there, too. I was such a young kid.

So thankful for the men and women over there now. Thanks for reminding me of the 20th Anniversary.

danthebugman

BoM Nov '10
Rating - 100%
124   0   0
Wow, 20 years. I was only a kid when that went down...still am some of you would say :grin:...but I remember that we had a big projector TV in the school cafeteria and we all would watch the news broadcasts from over there during lunch.

Dan

Rating - 100%
46   0   0
Hard to believe it's been 20 years since I was over there, too. I was such a young kid.

So thankful for the men and women over there now. Thanks for reminding me of the 20th Anniversary.

I was 25 and on my second marriage already.
Dang Dan you are a young kid. I did not realize I was so old.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Hard to believe it's been that long already. I got out in April '91.

They sent troops from my unit over there in Nov/Dec '90, but being 'short' they kept me back with the stateside support.