What's new

2001 La Flor de Cano Prediculare A/T

indyrob

BoM Feb '06 & Sept. '08
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
Today I smoked the last one of these I had. It used to be a fairly inexpensive cigar at $1.95 a stick. It's M/M, hand finished and sadly...the price just doubled at the place I was getting them. So I'll start the eulogy...

It's a decent cigar, nothing to write home about...resembles an old girlfriend we don't like to admit having. It is something to have in the humidor for those times when you want a cigar but don't really have time to enjoy a good habano.

So I punched the head on this last stick and wept a little (at the current prices, I'm not getting another box.). I don't bother with the pre-light draw because it's just a daily stick. The Flor de Cano's I've had have no real redeeming qualities to them but the A/T's have quite a bit of flavor on the mellow side. It reminds me alot of a rustic type of cigar, not raw...but not sophisticated either. It has plenty of tobacco taste and not a whole lot more.

The begining of the last third started to have a potato taste to it and I think that's because of the nicotine build up around the punch, not sure though.

I finshed this guy off with the same sort of feeling of seeing an old friend off at the airport, knowing it'll be awhile before I see 'em again. :crytears: