What's new

2003 Camacho FaceOff(L.G. tobacco)

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
Camacho face off (2003?)
Please google search this cigar. It has a lot of neat history behind it if you've never heard of it!!!!!

Pre light draw: Perfect draw with notes of cedar and a very faint sweetness.
Lit 9:35 pm
Drink: water
First couple puffs are extremely light woody tobacco. Room aroma is already very pronounced with a sweet, woody character.

1st 3rd:
After a inch of light cedar, tobacco flavors I decided to retrohale about half a draw. THE MOST flavorful, strong coffee note I've ever tasted in a cigar. Thru the first third the cigar burned damn near perfect. Ashed about every inch as well. Towards the end the coffee note turned to coffee bean on the 1st.

2nd: Still a perfect burn. Still dropping ash out every inch. Still flavors of tobacco, coffee and a "woodyness" although light. And I'm still loving this retrohale. Also the room aroma smells like a coffee shop. I can take a draw on this cigar every 2-3 mins if I choose and it cherries right back up. Plus 1 in my book for that. Back half of second is shifting to a slightly more heavy cedar taste.

3rd: Cigar is slightly bolder at medium body at best. Very strong roasted coffee aroma in the room. I'm in love. Other than that roasted tobacco on the tongue and more of a sweet coffee now (black coffee and sugar) thru the nose.
About a inch left and I'll be ending it.
Finished at 11:00pm (1hr25mins)
This cigar came out around 2003 and was gifted to me back in 2010 by Nick smokeemifugotem. He's been a great BOTL and I'm glad to have met and herfed with him a few times over the years. This one reason is why I band all my gifted cigars. It brings back the good memories every time.

Final thoughts:
What a great example of how someone's fireproof tobacco (imo) (Litto Gomez) can, overtime turn into a gem. It stayed lit the whole time, even with 2-3 mins intervals on the draws. Notes of cedar and tobacco on the tongue and mouth. Notes of coffee and more coffee thru the nose. It didn't change much but I didn't care. I truly enjoyed this cigar that was so light in body but so flavorful due to age....
94 points if I had to rate it.

ENV

@Driven_not_Hidden
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
I have always felt Littos blends age fantastic. I have tried an older small batch and I gifted out a LFD Factory press 1 to a friend he said the strength was lower and flavors popped hard. I think Ill be aging a few LGs.

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
Nice review brother! I have to ask...what's with the dryer ducting?
When Im by myself I use the flex duct to recover 95% or more of the smoke and be able to only use my 1200cfm air handler at about 10 percent. Less air coming in. Less air to be heated. Less room to clean. Win win.

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
When Im by myself I use the flex duct to recover 95% or more of the smoke and be able to only use my 1200cfm air handler at about 10 percent. Less air coming in. Less air to be heated. Less room to clean. Win win.
I saw the duct and remembered reading about this. Nice review .Sounds like a good cigar. Nothing aging like that over here though..

Rating - 100%
63   0   0
Camacho face off (2003?)

Final thoughts:
What a great example of how someone's fireproof tobacco (imo) (Litto Gomez) can, overtime turn into a gem. It stayed lit the whole time, even with 2-3 mins intervals on the draws. Notes of cedar and tobacco on the tongue and mouth. Notes of coffee and more coffee thru the nose. It didn't change much but I didn't care. I truly enjoyed this cigar that was so light in body but so flavorful due to age....
94 points if I had to rate it.
(my emphasis added)
So are you saying this non-cuban cigar aged well? Wait a minute, I swear I just read something entirely different...
You rated it a 94, so I'm guessing it wasn't hot air? Or was it?