What's new

2004 Opus X Forbidden X Toro Review

Craig Mac

BoM 4/10 7/11 12/14
Rating - 100%
446   0   0
Figured since it was such a nice day I'd have a nice smoke. The size of the Forbidden X Toro is 6 1/8 x 44. This particular cigar was a part of the Journey To Chateau De La Fuente Black Box. The cigar is beautifully constructed with a natural wrapper featuring virtually no noticable viens. Prelight draw was that off a little bit of spice, cinnamon, and a hint of pepper. Draw seems a little bit on the tight side, but I'll find out in a minute, time to spark it!

First Third - Well, I was wrong about the draw. Once I got it light it was drawing perfectly! During the initial first few puffs I felt a tingle on the toungue from the rich tobacco. A mix of earth, leather, and a hint of spice to it. Flavour is wonderful so far and producing a nice thick amount of smoke. Burn is nice and even, ash is a light gray and held for a little over an inch before falling off.

Second Third - As I get in to the second third the flavour is pretty consistant from the first third, the pepper has faded just a bit and a woodsy flavour is also present. Still a bit of leather and a hint of a floraly spice to it that was there during the prelight draw is now in the background. Burn is still nice and even, produce the perfect amount of smoke. I found myself wanting to draw on it more often than normal because it was just so damn tasty!

Final Third - As I get in to the final third the cigar has picked up a bit in strength and the dominant flavour is leather. It is still maintaining a bit of pepper and woodsy notes as well. A slight coffee flavour to the finish also. This cigar burned perfect the entire time and not once did it require a touchup. Took about an hour and forty-five minutes to nub this sucker. Sad to see it end!

I have to say that this was a great cigar. I kept thinking the whole time that this is what a cigar is supposed to be like, at least to me that is. Perfect burn and nice thick amount of smoke to it. Definitely a full bodied cigar, yet started out mostly medium strength that built to a full strength during the final third. The flavour of this stick definitely appealed to me. I am not quite sure I would say it is the best cigar I have ever had but it is definitely somewhere in the top 5. Thanks for reading!

TheCigarKid

Cigaraholic
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Awesome review and pictures, Craig! Sounded like you throughly enjoyed that one :thumbsup: