What's new

2010 Ramon Allones Superiores

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I haven't had luck with these as of yet. The two that I have tried were plugged. Was gifted this cigar from a great BOTL so I hope that 3 is a charm.

The wrapper is a chocolatey brown. Fairly firm throughout the cigar. A little veiny;sort of ugly cigar. Rustic is probably a better word.

A sniff of the wrapper shows hints of expresso and cocoa emanating from the wrapper.

Cold draw confirms the quality construction as the draw is fairly easy. Coudl it be? A RA Superioroes that isn't pluged?!? Say it isn't so. Cold draw reveals a hint of mint and fruitcake? Maybe marachino cherries; no, fruitcake. Like Christmas morning. Time to fire this up.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
14   0   0

The first third is toasty, fruity, with some floral notes. Surprisingly subdued. Been a little distracted as I am trying to figure out how to use photobucket on the ipad and post pictures. Bloody hell!!

Clean tobacco flavours. Not showing its youth at all. very smooth.

Starting to get stronger. Just clean tobacco taste. Floral notes coming out a bit more. peppery notes coming through. Maybe like well done toast? Some cocoa but very faint.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
14   0   0

marachino cherries are coming through again. A nice sweetness that balances out the earthiness of the cigar. Really coming into its own right now. The cocoa hints are a nice touch as well. Pepper is gone away however, the clean tobacco is coming out in spades.

Damn draw got tight?!? WTF?!?! A little firmer than I am used to but still acceptable. I've never experienced this before. A nice balance of dried fruit and earthiness throughout the last third. Very delicious. I've really enjoyed the complexity of this cigar. Surprisingly smooth for a relatively young cigar.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Overall, a delicious cigar. Very complex and awesomely smooth for such a young cigar. More fruitiness than I am used to from a Ramon Allones stick however, a nice compliment to the earthy tones of the cigar. Will have to search some out to add to the collection.

Last edited:
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great review. I have a box settling down at the bottom of my humi, I might need to try one out soon...