What's new

2013 BOTL™ Corona Gorda by Drew Estate

Eric

Staff member
Rating - 100%
125   0   0
Originally announced in the consolidated thread (5 Big Announcements) now as it's own thread for discussion.

2013 BOTL™ Cigar by Drew Estate
This is a corona gorda based on the 2012 Lancero blend. Drew Estate's Executive Director
of Tobacco Production, Nicholas Melillo (aka "Chief of Broadleaf") says the following...

ASP ligero is almost impossible to get and one of the most powerful and flavorful ligeros in the world.
DE Jalapa ligero is grown especially for Drew Estate in Jalapa valley - it is not as spicy as the Esteli ligero but carries strength and natural sweetness.
Broadleaf wrapper is the same wrapper we use on Feral Pig and really rounds out the blend.
BOTL 2013 Corona Gorda has hints of spice, sweetness, cedar, espresso and chocolate.
Similar to the Lancero but more enhanced due to the larger ring gauge.

This is a Medium - FULL-BODIED SMOKE. Leaning more to full bodied.
Size: Corona Gorda 6" x 46
Production date: Late March 2013
Wrapper: Broadleaf (upper priming viso)
Binder: CT Ecuador
Filler/Strength: (See quote above)

100 boxes/15 cigars per box with a msrp $180; available in June exclusively at Podman Cigars
Limit 1 box per person. All donors will receive an advanced notification via email the day prior with what time they go on sale.

botlde13a.JPG

Last edited:

LigaPrivadaFanboy

Unrepentant Hoarder
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
This is actually somewhat similar to my cigar safari blend in size, wrapper & fillers, but I'm absolutely positive the BOTL blend is gonna be way better than mine! Can't wait to try it.

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
Still have a handful of the 2012 blend.....Really looking forward to the new stuff!!!

MoJo

BoM March 2013
Rating - 100%
192   0   0
Great!

Do you all think these will sell out right away with only 100 boxes being made? Like if someone is not able to be on the internet the minute they go on sale will we still be able to buy them?

Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Great!

Do you all think these will sell out right away with only 100 boxes being made? Like if someone is not able to be on the internet the minute they go on sale will we still be able to buy them?
I'll try to grab a few just in case and share them here. I really have no room left for cigars in my humidor but I want grab at least 1 box.

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
I'm really looking forward to these! Tim and the DE gang did an awesome job with the 2012 (still love those things!), and I'm excited to see a 6 x 46, as that's one of my other favorite sizes.

Count me in for a box, and nice going, Tim!