What's new

2014 Tobacco Garden

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
Here is a few pictures of my garden for 2014 plus a few pictures of my processing area. As you can see my rows are made so that I can water at one end and it drains all the way to the other end. Each of the rows are set on timer to water as needed. I do have several vegetable gardens going as well. I do love my weed eater it is so much fun to use and has multiple proposes.

Before weeding
DSC03541.JPG

after weeding
DSC03542.JPG

lighting a cigar
DSC03543.JPG

My processing area
DSC03554.JPG

My pregarden
DSC03548.JPG

My garden all panted
DSC03551.JPG

DSC03549.JPG

Rating - 100%
31   0   0
It is a ton of work to get it going but once everything is in place I have very little maintenance until I have to start picking all of the suckers off. Very rewarding and a great way to keep the stress down from normal life

I work at home most of the time except for evenings and mornings which I am hunting hogs so you are welcome to visit anytime.

I am growing several strains this year. Burley, Virginia dark, Connecticut Broadleaf, Golden leaf ornico, Havana, Mondole, cirollo, and several other high nicotine varieties that are for pesticides.

I call the burner a universal tool. Lights cigars, kills weeds, start fires, and what ever else I can use it for.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Very cool !

I love the photo of your processing area. I've grown a bit and rolled a bit but nothing like the production you seem to have. How about some more information.
How many types do you grow?
Do you have a favorite blend or do you just play around with blending?
How many cigars do you roll per year?
Do you use all your own when you roll or do you also purchase leaves?

So many questions. So many cigars.

Bruce,.

Rating - 100%
31   0   0
I do not roll many cigars maybe 20 or so a month. I do everything up until the wrapper which my wife does because she is ten times better than me at making the wrapper look pretty. I make a lot of cigs for my friends and sometimes make chew for one of my buddies. I do sometimes buy leaf to use in my cigars if I want to play around or need it. At the moment probably 7 or 8 strains and 2 hybrids that I have crossed. 600+ plants this year. Its going to be fun

if anyone needs started tobacco plants let me know I have plenty of extras seedlings and billions of seeds.

Status
Not open for further replies.