3/5King

Shwing!
Rating - 100%
77   0   0
image.jpg

262 Cigars - Ideology
Box pressed Toro - Triple cap

Pre lite aroma- Pine lumber, black soil, cedar and cherries

Construction- The pack is consistent and the wrapper, a smooth brown mixed with black splotches.

I've lit the cigar and I don't start the review until after the first inch but I just put the cut end of this cigar to my nose and it smells like delicious fresh ground coffee... That's a first for me, so I was excited to share. The burn and draw are great. Draw to be expected but I've come to find that box press have a harder time staying sharp on the way down. The retro is surprisingly smooth, I wasn't expecting that. There is still a bit of sizzle if you draw on it hard enough. Nutty, a bit bitter and earthy.. (First touch up.. Tisk tisk.. Told ya.. Freaking ornery box press') there is a touch of sweetness dangling on the finish.

I don't trust box press ashes.. So I'm ashing at an inch.. This stick is starting to show its power.. I'd say it's about medium body but growing a little farther than that on the Nic side of things. You can taste the stacks of Ligero in this baby. The profile is very short and doesn't house a lot of complexity but it's not overpowering even with the good amount of strength it is showing.

The stick is becoming creamy and smooth in spots and then comes the nutty pepper of the Ligero to say hellohowdoyado.. The earth raids in and out as I reach the half way point. The amount of nicotine is calming. A bit of that wood in the pre lite is coming out. I've had to relite 3 times. The innards are burning faster than the wrapper... Not really an issue.. My biggest concern on a cigar is draw and if it burns wet... I despise a wet burning cigar. It just ruins the whole experience more so than anything else.

The profile is richening but still staying consistent to its beginnings. The periods of smooth retros are a nice change of pace to the strong pepper that fills the majority of the smoke. There is a bit of boxed chocolate coming into play... Kind of like when you pull out a piece and pop it in your mouth, not knowing exactly what it is but you like it.

Hitting the final third and the profile is becoming a bit gritty. This is a pretty strong smoke for anyone looking to try it. Not overpowering (at least to me) but it lets you know when to slow down and smell the roses, so to speak. It's having a bit of trouble staying lit on the slow downs though but still not enough to really affect the experience that much. I just pulled out a touch of cedar on that last puff. The cigar is running a little hot from trying to keep a good burn going.

Overall this is a pretty good stick. Strong from the get go but stayed constant. The profile is short but has its moments of complexity and grows in richness as you burn down the line. I'd smoke it again and I'd recommend it to people that like a strong stick with a balanced profile that won't bore you even in its toro size.

Smoke time 1hr 35mins

Score: 89 (would have been 90 had it not needed so many relites)

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Great review. Great company. Great cigars. I worked for them their first year and really proud of how far they have come. Paradigm is a go to cigar for me but I really like these as well.

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
It's been a while since I've smoked this one but I remember them to be really good...ordered a box of these and another from the same line. May have to revisit the brand again very soon....good review.