What's new

2Day's Special 2/10 ***Cooking at home!***

Daviso27

Never been BoM
Rating - 100%
107   0   0
Okay, Okay....I know I have been slacking on my part of the daily specials, but I have had a few days off and have been trying to enjoy my time...

So todays special was something I just whipped up for the wife and I.

At home, I experiment a lot...fusing flavors and cusines, ex. Chino-Latino or Gringo-Indio...and today was no different...

Grilled honey-mustard, mojo marinated chicken breast with a Moroccan sweet potato hash garnished with a bbq honey mustard sauce.

The chicken was marinated in your typical mojo sauce (garlic, water vinegar, salt, pepper, lime and lemon juice, fresh parsley), grilled to perfection, then glazed with the bbq honey-mustard sauce.

The Hash was made with large diced sweet potato, blanched, then saute'd with garlic, onions, bell pepper. When the veggies begin to sweat, I added my ho-made Garam masala (cumin, chili powder, red pepper flakes, cayenne, tumeric, allspice, ginger powder and about 6 other spices I'll keep secret)

bballbaby

Nov '08 BoM
Rating - 100%
183   0   0
Daviso - Care to trade for some of that ho-made garam masala?? I like secret spices.

My brother has a concoction he puts in just about everything and damn is it good.

He calls it "secret spice" original, huh?

Daviso27

Never been BoM
Rating - 100%
107   0   0
I mentioned in another post, that once I can get my hands on some goooood hot peppers, I will be making some sauces and throwing a sample in with my bombs, who knows maybe I could toss in some spices and stuff...

Daviso27

Never been BoM
Rating - 100%
107   0   0
Im looking for some fresh Tai peppers, Haitian cherry peppers...Im dying to get my hands on some Ghost Peppers....I found a online pepper seed shop, a lot of exotics and the prices are fair. Im looking to plant some in the next few months.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Okay, Okay....I know I have been slacking on my part of the daily specials, but I have had a few days off and have been trying to enjoy my time...

At home, I experiment a lot...fusing flavors and cusines, ex. Chino-Latino or Gringo-Indio...and today was no different...

I fuse a lot of flavors too. The exquisite blending of Tuna and Helper is one of my favorites:rofl:.

bballbaby

Nov '08 BoM
Rating - 100%
183   0   0
Im dying to get my hands on some Ghost Peppers.....

And from what i've read, you'll be dying once you do get your hands on them.

For the love of God, why man?!?! Why?

1 million scoville units! That's insane.

Habaneros are PLENTY hot enough for me!!!

Daviso27

Never been BoM
Rating - 100%
107   0   0
And from what i've read, you'll be dying once you do get your hands on them.

For the love of God, why man?!?! Why?

1 million scoville units! That's insane.

Habaneros are PLENTY hot enough for me!!!

I'll use them more for pickling...but I would love to make a hottass sauce!