What's new

2Day's Special 2/9/09 ***Rib of Beef with Rosemary and Garlic Roast Potatoes***

Moro

BoM Decembre '08
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Sick of complicated recipes in these threads? Search no more! Here is one easy recipe for all ye lazy bastages out there. Enjoy!!! (The recipe is for 2 people)

INGREDIENTS

• 1 portion rosemary-roasted cubed potatoes
  • 3 cloves of garlic, unpeeled
  • Zest and juice of 1 lemon
  • Small bunch of fresh rosemary, tied at the base to make a small brush
  • Olive oil
  • 1 x 2lb 11oz rib of beef, french trimmed (It'll be about the thickness of the rib bone)
  • Peppery extra virgin olive oil
DIRECTIONS

1. Put the garlic, lemon zest and the tip of the rosemary brush in a mortar, add a glug of olive oil and bash together. Use the rosemary brush to rub half the marinade over the rib steak and leave to marinade for, at least, 1 hr.
  2. Preheat oven at 425° F and get the potatoes (recipe to come) parboiled andin the oven. Meanwhile, heat an oven-proof griddle pan until white-hot and season the steak generously. Put itin the pan and fry for a couple of minutes before turning it over and putting the pan in the oven (~20 min. for medium). Every 5 minutes turn the steak over and baste with the remaining marinade using the rosemary brush. When done, squeeze some lemon juice, drizzle with the peppery olive oil and serve with the 'tatoes.
Rosemary-Roasted Cubed Potatoes
4 portions

INGREDIENTS

• 1lb 6oz all-purpose potatoes scrubbed (if the skin is not pretty peel them) and cut into 1 inch cubes
  • Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
  • A spring of fresh rosemary, leaves picked
  • Olive oil
  • 5 cloves of garlic, skin on and smashed
DIRECTIONS

1. Preheat oven to 425° F. Place potatoesin alarge pan of cold, salted water and bringto a boil. Drain immediatly and allow to steam until they dry a tad. Bash up the rosemary leaves in a mortar.
  2. Heat someolive oil in a roasting pan. Add the garlic cloves, potatoes and rosemary with the oil it released. Season and toss together until well coated. Place in theovenfor 20-25 min. shakingthe tray every so often until 'tatoes are golden and crispy.
It should look like:

Pardon image quality

Volusianator

BoM Nov '07 & Jan '09
Rating - 93.8%
86   4   1
Alfonso, you gotta know by now I'm a simple man, meat, potatoes. I don't even know what the hell shallots are, and at 44, there's not much more new I'm gonna try. I'm a wussy that way.

Rating - 100%
39   0   0
is anyone going to answer? what the hell is a shallot? some sort of shellfish?

and moro, don't tell me to use the search!

Moro

BoM Decembre '08
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
is anyone going to answer? what the hell is a shallot? some sort of shellfish?

and moro, don't tell me to use the search!
It's from the onion, garlic, chives,... family. Imagine apurple onion with the shape of a garlic (though taste-wise...ye'll need to try one)