What's new

$35 Donut!

Daviso27

Never been BoM
Rating - 100%
107   0   0
As some of you may know, I am a Chef at a 4star/4diamond hotel/resort...We had a VIP call our room service wanting a donut, not a dozen, not 6, not 2, but 1....1 f#%%&% donut...(We have a nominal delivery charge, and a 20% gratuity fee, 7% tax and then you are billed what ever you order) After everything was said and ordered, the donut cost $35!!! The reason for this is that we cannot sell 1 donut, we sell 6 or 12...there is no "1 donut" button!!! So i took it upon my self and make it a $35 donut!

A little fruit garnish, some rasberry-port reduction....there you go!

Fidel

Deceased Dictator
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Looks scrumptious! Bet that would go great with a cup of Black Dog and a HSS

Moro

BoM Decembre '08
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Ye're bloody brilliant, mate. I'm studying culinary arts actually and this gives me some good ideas.

P.S. I just watched "No Reservations" today too for the 1st time.

Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Great Job on the presentation. I went to school for culinary arts. Do to the lack of money and some politics that were going on at the school, I decided to move on and get a job. To this day I still think it was the biggest missed opportunities of my life. I can't say it was a mistake. I can say that I have learned a in those years after that. One of these days I would like to go back. I absolutely love to cook for others.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Wow thats cool, I'm another thats a Culinary School Grad. Actually got a new job, and I'll be working for Jimmy Sneed at a Hotel. Not too big on pastries though, I'm a line cook.

Looks tasty! I'd order one, but just not for $35.. maybe a dozen for that price.

Daviso27

Never been BoM
Rating - 100%
107   0   0
Wow thats cool, I'm another thats a Culinary School Grad. Actually got a new job, and I'll be working for Jimmy Sneed at a Hotel. Not too big on pastries though, I'm a line cook.

Looks tasty! I'd order one, but just not for $35.. maybe a dozen for that price.

Im all about the hot line also, but we have to be well-rounded...The donuts are ordered from a local bakery, all i did was the plate presentation...I'll post up some different things Ive done later on...Maybe start a "Daviso's Smoke Kitchen" tread!

JRL

Formerly known as Jeeper
Rating - 100%
81   0   0
I almost attended culinary arts school. Wish i would have after weeks like this one.

O ya the donut looks great, mmmm donut (in my best homer voice)

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
it was around 11:30am....We told him we would give him a dozen for the same price, but he refused!!!
I'm thinkin he ordered the $35 donut because he could. Remember all the crazy bets you ever had with the boys and when you were challenged to do something you'd order a $35 donut, hot dog, etc etc?