What's new

4 Regular Whiskies + 1 NHIE

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
I find myself going back to the same 5 or 6 bottles and would like to compile a list of things to think about trying. Would love to see what you are all going to for your 4 regular favorites and 1 that you have on a attainable wish list. Mine would be:

Regulars:
Hibiki Harmony
Suntory Toki
Pendleton 1910
Russell's Reserve 10 Year

Wish:
Yamazaki 12

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Regulars:
Knob Creek SiB store picks
Any Old Forester (100 or Whiskey Row series)
BT Mashbill #1 (BT,ER, EHT)
Open Bottle du jour (always trying to make room for a new bottle)

Wish:
GT Stagg (my favorite, have one, need more...)

Rating - 100%
137   0   0
Regulars:
Old Fitzgerald 80 proof
Four roses single barrel (varied)
Knob creek single barrel (varied)
Makers cask strength

NHIE:
Elijah Craig 23 (always told it was over-Oaked so I’ve never “gone hunting”..... but damn is it a pretty bottle )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
As far as regular drinking, price and availability play a big role In my day to day selection

Four Roses Yellow Label
Heaven Hill White Label
Sazerac Rye
Rittenhouse Rye

Not the best or most complex pours and not necessarily something I would offer guests but easy to replace

I'd like to add any of the harder to find WL Wellers

ChuckMejia

The General
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
As far as regular drinking, price and availability play a big role In my day to day selection

Four Roses Yellow Label
Heaven Hill White Label
Sazerac Rye
Rittenhouse Rye

Not the best or most complex pours and not necessarily something I would offer guests but easy to replace

I'd like to add any of the harder to find WL Wellers
Once I’m in Mississippi in August I’d expect you to roll out some PVW15 for my coke pour bro

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Mississippi in August you'll be asking for Gatoraide or a big glass of iced tea. Just think, when you're on the coast we'll be able to call you " Bubba Chuck"!

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
I'd like to hear your thoughts on the Russell 10 Year @Tacket, I've been taking longer looks at a bottle lately.

My problem is that I am so new to bourbon that I'm changing my faves often. I bought some Colonel Taylor recently and that's definitely going to play heavy in the rotation. I'd say recently I most often reach for Elijah Craig Barrell Proof (varied), Four Roses Single Barrell, High West Double Rye and Weller (SR or 107). I tend to like the heat.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
I'd like to hear your thoughts on the Russell 10 Year @Tacket, I've been taking longer looks at a bottle.
It’s overall medium-bright in flavor. Heavier on the herbal and floral, less so on the vanilla and caramel. To me, not very sweet. 90 proof, so it’s got a little kick. Pairs well with a small single ice cube or a splash of water. Can be had for ~$37 around these parts, so not a bank breaker.

If you pick up a bottle let me know. Would like to compare notes.

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
It’s overall medium-bright in flavor. Heavier on the herbal and floral, less so on the vanilla and caramel. To me, not very sweet. 90 proof, so it’s got a little kick. Pairs well with a small single ice cube or a splash of water. Can be had for ~$37 around these parts, so not a bank breaker.

If you pick up a bottle let me know. Would like to compare notes.

I will, and I appreciate you sharing your thoughts!