What's new

5 Vegas A artisan

earnold25

Eran
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
Dark Brown Wrapper.

A few noticeable veins. wrapper not as nice looking as the others I've smoked, but not bad by any stretch.

Fairly consistent color, filler at the foot is a bit 2-toned

There was a few hard spots in the filler when i felt her up.

Pre-light draw was a bit loose for me, but not terrible

First Third
Initial tastes were very hard for me to describe. I couldn't pick out any discernible flavor. Upon further palate searching, i picked up some typical maduro flavors...chocolate, although minor, and coffee or espresso. Not a bad smoke at all, just hard for me to describe.

Second Third

Started to taste a bit nutty to me. Kinda like walnuts. Also noticed some leatherish flavor.

Last Third

Cigar smoke wasn't getting harsh at all. Flavors not really changing at this point. More of what was described above. Maybe leather was a little more prevalent.

Burn
Didn't have trouble with this cigar at all. Ash was light grey to white, and fell off at about 1.5". Volumous smoke as well. Could blow some smoke rings when the breeze wasn't blowing.

Conclusion

This is a nice all around smoke. I'd have to smoke a few more to see if I could better describe the flavors, as I had trouble. Maybe with a flavor wheel in front of me

Wasn't too strong, and smoked pretty quick. (About 50 minutes)

Frank N

CFL
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I generally smoke the Alphas and the Archetype, have had the Artisan on occasion. I have notice that in the last 3rd they will pick up some ammonia after a couple months of age in the humidor. A little bit of purging and all is well. The 5 vegas A is one of the first boxes I bought and split with some friends. Still a nice smoke at times.

Oh, and thanks for the reveiw.

jwintosh

BoM June 07
Rating - 100%
353   0   0
thanks for the review! if the cigar is still young (ie. under age), you might not want to fill her up! i believe that's illegal in most states (i think nebraska is exepmt....)! :glassesgr

jeff

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
Cool. A couple guys submitted these as their buy in for the NASCAR League and they are very nice looking.

I might have to keep an eye open for some in the local shops.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Cool. A couple guys submitted these as their buy in for the NASCAR League and they are very nice looking.

I might have to keep an eye open for some in the local shops.
CBid dude. Cheap and plentiful.

architeuthis

I see what you're doing!!
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
The last purchase of 5 Vegas Artesan's that I made was not too many months ago. CBid had four 5-packs that I won for $9 each. <G> That's $36 for a box of twenty without the actual box. I still have a dozen left from that order. Looking at my humidor, there's a few things that I should think about re-stocking so I can set them up for a while before smoking them.