What's new

$500 max humidor help

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
My sister in laws boss wants a nice humidor in the $500 max range. Probably in the 50-100 cigar range if such a thing exists. I know size matters in the count so this is why the wide range. He wants something to look nice in his office. I'm a wineador and large Tupperware guy so I have no idea what is a good wood humidor or not. I just know there is a lot of crap out there. Anyone have a recommendation?

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
That sounds like a lot of money for such a small humidor, does he have a team or hobby that might allow something to be customized around his other passion. I've seen gorgeous, hand built humidors at the finer craft shows

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I think so too. I don't know the guy, but she said he likes to impress people. Complete opposite of me, lol!

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
That sounds like a lot of money for such a small humidor, does he have a team or hobby that might allow something to be customized around his other passion. I've seen gorgeous, hand built humidors at the finer craft shows
Not really at all. High end humidors start in the thousands of dollars. As example

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Rating - 100%
137   0   0
Triple seal
Price range
Count range
Half wheel approved lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
One can spend as much as they want on a wood humidor and my thoughts are about how well they perform. 50 - 100 count humis tell me that it's not about their true function as much as it's a statement for some to say..."look at me and what I can afford"....that's fine. Functionality is what should be the goal as I have Cigar Humidors/Wineadors that hold 400 cigars and work as well as the most expensive humidors out there...stays at 66 degrees and 66 RH and imparts that great cedar aroma....cost was only $200 so I bought 4 of them and each one works perfectly. I've used Tupperware and nice wood humidors that cost $500 and hold 300 cigars....and I have used the small 50 count cheap humis where some of them actually worked out well and use them for times where I hold cigars that I'll smoke within a weeks time....humidors serve their purpose in different ways. My opinion on "flashy" humidors to show off to others is not on the positive side....I don't like when people try to show off their 'stuff' to make others feel like what they use or have is inferior....this is not the hobby most of us sign on for.

If one can afford their "toys" then that's fine but to use a hobby to foster the lifestyle that shows off and tell others....how much better they are....sorry, that just grinds my gears. This hobby is about brotherhood and sharing....not a BillBoard that says....LOOK AT ME.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
@Cigary43 I've learned that certain professions require a certain "air" I'm with you, practical as hell but who trusts an attorney that drives a beater? We often equate capability and success with the exhibition of material wealth. Now if he fills that beautiful humidor with dog rockets, all bets are off!

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I hear ya.....society equates success with material things and I've always made choices based on facts...research and character. You did make a relevant point as to what they'd put inside the humidor and I agree with spending whatever one wants to but if you buy a Porsche and fill it with 87 unleaded...not impressive.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
He's definitely not filling it with dog rockets. Lol! He just ordered a box of Padron 80, 45 and 50 year each. I don't know the guy, but like I said he sounds like he's all about show. I'm just helping my sister in law out since she was given the task of helping him start his cigar journey because she told him about me. To each his own, but not my style. Give me my wineador and Tupperware. Thanks to everyone with suggestions! I'll pass them along.

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
@Lomey Something that "looks nice on a desk" is relative. A $200 wooden desktop ( 75ct ) humidor with an AFTERMARKET monogram plate or etched business name would go a long way.
I like @CigarGavin 's Ashton Savoy there.

@Boudie and @Cigary43 I was following both of your narratives there. I'd like to add, a non- cigar smokers visiting the boss are only going to notice the "nice box" .
A fellow BOTL will know what he's looking at. And likely cedar vaneer over presswood. Which is fine. I went through three as I stepped up into the wineador eventually.

You're just getting a nice box for it's specific function. Nobody wants to walk into an office and see some guy with the Arc of the Covenant sitting on his desk.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Check out Daniel Marshall humidors.

They have “seconds” which sell for a couple of hundred off. Usually the result of an unnoticeable blemish. I think this guy was 350/400.

I’m a winador man these days, so I just use this one to look pretty and dry out my sticks for the day..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk