What's new

$511. The world is broken.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love pipes but I have the absolute hardest time getting them to stay lit. I know smoking super moist aromatics is part of it, as is the humidity, but damn is it frustrating.
I get that, but it's sooo worth it to take the time to figure out.. You can do it!
I enjoy pipes as much as cigars; depends on my mood and situation.
There's a meditative state associated w/pipe smoking that I don't get w/a Cigar.
I like having both in my life.

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
I love pipes but I have the absolute hardest time getting them to stay lit. I know smoking super moist aromatics is part of it, as is the humidity, but damn is it frustrating.

Depending on the tobacco I dry it out in the micro for a couple of seconds or let it sit out for a while before I smoke. I expect a number of relights and it only take a second to get the pipe going. It's not like lighting a cigar.

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I'm going to bust out the pipe again this winter. @Alwayslit how long do you put it in the microwave for? I'm thinking this might be a HUGE part of my issues, since I almost primarily smoke super sticky aromatic tobaccos.

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
I'm going to bust out the pipe again this winter. @Alwayslit how long do you put it in the microwave for? I'm thinking this might be a HUGE part of my issues, since I almost primarily smoke super sticky aromatic tobaccos.

5-7 seconds and then let the tobacco cool. If you can set out the tobacco overnight on a plate that should work as well. Try some Virginia perique or straight Virginia. I think you'll enjoy those tobaccos.