What's new

7 bad for you foods for the day

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
Interesting read, but WAY sensationalized.

The point about corn-fed beef vs. grass-fed is that grass-fed has more nutrients ... fine, but "food that should never cross your lips" strongly implies things that are BAD FOR YOU, not things that are less nutritious that alternatives.

I'm not sure I buy the thing on non-organic potatoes either. I've had store-bought potatoes sprout many times. Not to mention that they fail to point out all the dangers of organic growing methods.

Tobacco Giant

Conn. Broadleaf Slayer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhBKtjDtTVk"]Penn and Teller BS: Organic Food Myths Debunked (Excerpt) - YouTube[/ame]

The other side of the story. With so much info out there, it's tough to know what to believe.

TravelingJ

Banned
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
I like the clean eating philosophy. With as much conflicting information as we get thrown at us all the time, it seems a good way to go. I do my best to avoid as much processed food crap as I can. When I'm bouncing back and forth between the house and the RV-it's a bitch and I eat crap. When I'm fully on the road, we get to take in all the famers markets across the country and, and our processed intake plumets.

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
I like the clean eating philosophy. With as much conflicting information as we get thrown at us all the time, it seems a good way to go. I do my best to avoid as much processed food crap as I can. When I'm bouncing back and forth between the house and the RV-it's a bitch and I eat crap. When I'm fully on the road, we get to take in all the famers markets across the country and, and our processed intake plumets.
think you nailed it J, best to avoid as much processed crap as you can and eat fresh, whole foods.