What's new

'83 ErdM Pantella

kirscovitch

Mad Matt
Rating - 100%
51   0   0
had the oportunity to smoke one of these the other night, after the g/f and son went to bed. i didnt know what to make of this long, slim cigar. definatly a "different" size than what im used to. it clipped effortlessly. but of course, theres not much there to cut through. pre-light draw was fairly tight, but had a very woody taste to it. very mellow. for being on the tight side, it lit very easily too. torched the foot for a second or two and the aroma of the wafting smoke almost made me drool. took a couple of slow drags to get er going and it was pure heaven. normally i dont (or cant) inhale cigar smoke but i didnt have a problem with this smoke. flavors were fairly complex, but oh so mild. flavors changed numerous times throughout the smoke, but i kinda expected that with the length. sometimes i tasted almonds along with a slight spice. other times it was toasty. the spice seemed to come an go as the stick shortenend. the draw finally loosened about 3/4 along but it never got too loose. it became perfect. took just over an hour to nub it as i smoked it a little faster than i should have, but never once did it burn hot. only had to purge toward the end and there were only a puff or 2 left anyway.

all in all, an excellent smoke. one of the tastiest habanos ive had to date and also the oldest. up till this cigar, the oldest stick ive burned was a '01. and i must say i can finally see what proper aging is all about!!!!!

kirscovitch

Mad Matt
Rating - 100%
51   0   0
Nice Review Matt.
Like a few of us keep tellin you guys, Old is Good.

the reason i smoked that stick is the because of what you told me and donk in appleton. "i may get hit by a bus crossing the street or drop dead from a heart attack. if you got a good stick. smoke it. thats what their made for."

dont know if thats the exact words you used, but pretty close!! LOL