What's new

898v

Viper139

The Bead Man
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
6 of my good freinds and i got together for some poker and libations last night. I brought a selection of cigars with me and took this occasion to try a smoke the was gifted to me by Hawkan and Jerry.

This Partagas 898v 04-98 was by far one of the best cigars I have had. Excellent flavor and beautiful rich smoke. The best part is all of my friends were very jealous of this fine smoke. Believe me the 898 was the highlight of my night, especially since it seemed I could'nt win a hand no matter what I tried.

Thanks Hawkan and Jerry.

GuyMcBeerdrinker

poonsmith
Rating - 90%
20   2   1
a classic cigar. I didn't have much luck with the '98 8-9-8 I had. all were plugged in some sort of fashion. unfortunately, this was before I had my cigar poker completed. wish I had one to try it out on.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
GuyMcBeerdrinker said:
a classic cigar. I didn't have much luck with the '98 8-9-8 I had. all were plugged in some sort of fashion. unfortunately, this was before I had my cigar poker completed. wish I had one to try it out on.
I have noticed these loosing up a bit now.. how long ago did you try one mate?

As the tobacco ages.. I have noticed that it also quite often looses up sticks that started off as really firm in roll. Maybe this is just my perception and luck of the draw but I have some boxes of cigars that used to be really firm that no longer is.

Vipe139...I am very happy you enjoyed the cigar.. now, you just wait for the next educational package enroute.. he he

GuyMcBeerdrinker

poonsmith
Rating - 90%
20   2   1
earlier this spring. I do my smoking outdoors when I'm at home. so the high ambient humidity here might have been a culprit. the cigar was too long to pierce with a toothpick, but when i got it down to the nub I was able to extract a few puffs of pleasant flavors. but I was so frustrated at that point that I just didn't want to deal with them.

Viper139

The Bead Man
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
hawkan2580 said:
Vipe139...I am very happy you enjoyed the cigar.. now, you just wait for the next educational package enroute.. he he
You just keep it up teacher and I will have to think of something to fire back....

The 898 I smoked last night was a little on the tight side but not enough to affect the enjoyment of the smoke. It was in no way plugged. The only good pot I won was while enjoying this cigar.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've still got a few from July 03 that are smoking great. No draw problems and an excellent burn. It's a nice cigar to take your time with. Rich in flavor but not overpowering in strength.

Barry