What's new

9 year old Padron

Rating - 100%
106   0   0
One of my favorite things about cigars is trying to find hard to get, rare, or aged cigars. Since I haven't been smoking cigars all that long it has been hard to get aged cigars, and any you find are usually very expensive. Today I stopped in at my usual shop, the owner (who prob. realizes how big of a sucker I am when it comes to aged or LE's) told me how excited he was that he found a box of Padron serie 1926 No. 9's, from 2005. Padron 26 and I think 64's all use tobacco which is aged 5 years. So I grabbed a couple then he reminded me of how old they were,9 years old, so I picked up a couple more. After feeling a bit of buyers remorse I lit one up. Wow what a great cigar, I am very happy I was suckered into buying 6 (got one free too!). So this is by far the oldest stick I have ever smoked and really the oldest I have come across. Any of you guys luck out with a find like this recently?

e-man67

Benny Hill's Understudy
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Oldest I have ever had was a CC from 92...a petite corona machine made. The next oldest was from 98 a Punch corona. I would love to try one older. A Davidoff or a Dunhill would be a dream. As for NC's I would love to try one of the original release Opus X's :hearteyes

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
Nice find! Most of the sticks I have with anything over 2 years I've received in trades or gifts. They are a great treat. Though technically that Padron stick is still just 4 years old as far as such things are reckoned. The age of the tobaccco pre-roll doesn't factor in, although the tobacco itself is was grown 9 years ago. You can gave 15-year old tobacco that xan taste like crap of it was rolled 6 months ago, depending on the stick. I'll bet you that Pdron you bought will be really smooth and awesome!

That said, the Padron Anniversaries are better than the regular line largely because they're using older tobacco (though I think the blends are different too, not sure on that. I love the Perdomo ESV '91, which actually still uses tobacco cultivated in 1991, unlike a lot of other sticks (RP Vintage) which no longer use tobacco from tthat year, but rather tobacco that is 10/12 years old.