What's new

A band called DEATH

Rating - 100%
160   0   0
Just saw this Documentary on Netflix, if your a fan of punk you definitely have to check it out. Cant believe I hadn't ever heard of them before.

Here's a sample of there stuff, remember year is 1974

[YOUTUBE]A2qi-YAR7m8[/YOUTUBE]

Rating - 100%
69   0   0
added to queue.

they also put up a movie about the germs. i guess the lead in that movie ended up touring with the remaining members of the germs for a bit.

Rating - 100%
66   0   0
Nice, lm definitely going to check that out. Of you haven't seen Too Tough To Die, look it up on Netflix. Its a good documentary about the Ramones.

Rating - 100%
69   0   0
this doc is really good. it's crazy to hear their music knowing what punk eventually sounded like.

edit: if in fact death was the precursor to punk. weird that there's no mention in the doc of death's influences.

Last edited:

BigFoot

Jose
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Listened to the album over the entire summer. Not sure if it's any easier but it took me a while to find the album. Finally found it on eBay back in June.

Rating - 100%
160   0   0
this doc is really good. it's crazy to hear their music knowing what punk eventually sounded like.

edit: if in fact death was the precursor to punk. weird that there's no mention in the doc of death's influences.
Mentioned real briefly that The Who and Alice Cooper where the two bands that made them decide to do rock n roll music

Thanks for the tip about this. Just watched it and now I'm going to have to try and track down the album. Hope it's not too htf!
The actual physical album is a bit tough to find but you can get the mp3 from itunes or amazon.

sean

BoM June 13
Rating - 100%
158   0   0

Mentioned real briefly that The Who and Alice Cooper where the two bands that made them decide to do rock n roll music

Yeah, I also hear Stooges and MC5. Both of these bands, if I am not mistaken, were active in the Detroit area prior to Death and have that punkier aesthetic that eventually gave way to The Ramones and Sex Pistols.

LigaPrivadaFanboy

Unrepentant Hoarder
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
The ONLY "band called Death" for me will be forever frontlined by Chuck Motherfucking Schulinder!

[video=youtube;BMsuHGj7dVg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMsuHGj7dVg[/video]

sean

BoM June 13
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
Getting your panties in a twist over a name? We are talking about a documentary that covered another band, who just so happens to have the same name, who was around earlier, who got marginalized in the Detroit rock scene in the 70's because they were black.

Would you mind staying on topic?