What's new

A Barren Wasteland

Dr. Xikar

The Knife Doctor
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
University of Mount Union, Alliance, Ohio
Is all that is left after that bomb hit :grin::timebomb::grin:

Earlier today I met up with a fine gent from this forum by the (screen)name of TheGreekOne. He recommended a shop to me, Cousin's Cigar in Medina (a quick 40 minute jaunt away... Farther than my normal shop, but he assured me it was worth the trip)

Man, that place was awesome... I walked in planning on leaving with a few cigars and some good conversation... I left with a new Xikar Crossover (A fantastic lighter, although definitely for indoors, the flame isn't big or strong enough for wind), along with 7 Quality sticks (A Fuente Magnum, A Fuente Opus X, A Fuente Don Carlos [love that cameroon], Oliva V Special V, LFD Air Bender, Liga Privada T52, and Padron Anniversary 64.. I would have gotten more but I was thoroughly spent at that point... What budget?)

What a great shop, but there's a twist.

As I was getting ready to leave, Jack (TheGreekOne) approaches me with a big ol' bag of some big ol' cigars (16 of 'em!) and shakes my hand. I was speechless, and extremely thankful (and still am, THANKS JACK!).

What a great day. Good cigars with good people, a new torch, and a big bunch'a new cigars.

Thanks again, guys

Jeremy

Thegreekone

Banned
Rating - 100%
76   0   0
Jeremy,

The pleasure was mine.....and remember that the "cluster bomb" was from me and BoSox55!

You forgot the best part! I turned you on to your first Tatuaje! :)

Don't worry, I didn't kill him for anything else; I broke him in easy with a Nobles. :)

There's a seat with your name on it anytime, Jeremy! Had a great time.

I will even let you have some Knob Creek.....in about two years! :cbig:

MattBell

Will work for Dirty Rats
Rating - 100%
95   0   0
Very nice!! I've never talked to BoSox55, but I have talked with Jack a lot, and if there is one thing I have learned about him, NEVER let him know about any cigars you haven't tried. He's the reason for half of the threads in the Bomber's Basement!!!

Sounds like you guys had a good time! Makes me want to make a trip to Ohio!

Edit: Only 9 hours away! O_O Maybe a meet-up in Cincy! :razz:

Dr. Xikar

The Knife Doctor
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
Yeah, BoSox was part of the fun, I wasn't sure if he'd want me putting his name out before I had talked to him, but you've taken care of that concern for me, so, BoSox, thank you too for all the wonderful gifts!

You guys are champs!

Jack, I'll have to be back soon, if not for you guys' company, then for some more cigars!!

Cheers,
Jeremy

Thegreekone

Banned
Rating - 100%
76   0   0
The "Dr." is a champ, a class BOTL! I would hope someone would treat me the same if I was that young, which they have on here (in my case, emotionally). When I start travelling, then I am really going to unleash some obnoxious havoc! :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Dr. Xikar

The Knife Doctor
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
On an unrelated note, SkinsFan, I like that quote... Mostly because I feel the same... I still can't pick up leather, pepper, cedar, or any of the other stuff... all I can get are spice, tobacco, and sweet... But I damn well know what I like!