What's new

A bientot

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I'm on a five week vacation, definitely the longest I've ever been away from work. My family and I will be en route to France in a few hours. My wife and kids will stay seven weeks, all summer. My wife and I have visited a number of times, but this will be the first international trip (besides Canada) for both kids. I never went abroad until I was in my 20s.

We will spend a few days in Paris then catch the TGV to Bretagne. We'll rent a car and head to Puy Du Fou. My mother-in-law is French and we have beaucoup native relatives, so my wife has already lined up various accommodations for us. My wife is the leader here. I can read French somewhat, but speak very little. My wife is quite fluent.

I've already got the local cigar shops mapped out on my iPhone. There's one right near the Louvre. I can enjoy a couple of CCs while the family is at the museum. Hell, you only need to see the Mona Lisa once in your life. And it wasn't that exciting the first time.

I'll return after three weeks for a motorcycle trip, destination unknown. I do plan to head down to Skyline drive and Blue Ridge Parkway. Beyond that, nothing is planned. I hope to camp most nights.

If anyone along the way wants to get together for a smoke, shoot me an email.

Au revoir

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
I hear the Mona Lisa is not the real one on display most of the year. When we were there I choose to climb the stairs on the eiffel tower instead. I have never seen the Mona Lisa, but would rather say I took the stairs to the top of the tower anyway.

Have fun dude,

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Returned last night from Stage 2 of my summer vacation.

7 days
2510 miles
11 states
3 nights tent
3 nights motel

Pics to follow...

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
After returning from three weeks in France (where my wife and children remain), I hopped on my bike planning to ride Skyline Drive and the Blue Ridge Parkway.

7 days
2510 miles
11 states
3 nights tent
3 nights motel

The first day was my most efficient mileage wise at 460. I made it to Gettysburg PA and camped there. The next morning I entered Skyline drive. It's only 105 miles but took me four hours to traverse it. It's meticulously maintained and it seemed half the overlooks were closed for refurbishment.

I had hoped to ride the BRP to Asheville NC and then head over to the Cherohala Skyway. However, by Saturday I was in NC and the heat was just oppressive near 100 degrees. I stayed at a campground on the BRP which I found out after the fact lacked any shower facility. So after triple digit daytime temps, I got to sweat thru a night in the 80s.

The next day's forecast showed more of the same, so I decided to head NW where it was a bit cooler. Rode thru the corner of TN into KY and spent the night in Lexington. Rode thru southern OH Amish country til I reached the Motorcycling Hall of Fame Museum near Columbus.

The next day took me to the Pro Football Hall of Fame in Canton OH.
I spent my final two days traveling across the Alleghanies in northern PA then heading home.

I'll confess I did slab it the final 250 miles or so because frankly I was tired of the road at that point, but the previous 90% was twisty (often VERY twisty) two-lane.

We're very lucky to live in a beautiful country. Not a day went by that I didn't encounter scenery that compelled me to stop and just take it all in.

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
WoW.....what else is there to say! Great Pictures, nice angles sounds like the trip of a lifetime! Great post my friend!