What's new

A big thank you and review

EstateDude

Thats what she said.
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
First off I would like to shout out to Shuckins for his generous newbie bomb it was awesome. So to thank him I smoked the first of his cigars he gave and thought a review would be kinda of a thanks.

The cigar was a Padilla 1948 Robusto (I think that was the size)
This is my first ever Padilla and have been wanting to try one out for a long time.

Construction: I believe this may be one of the nicer rolled cigars I have had. Nice and firm, beautiful oily brown wrapper. not much for veins in the wrapper.

I cut the cigar with my new xikar xi2 cutter (I love cutting my cigars with this cutter) and lit the cigar with a torch.

First impression: Very strong in pepper. It almost was unpleasant to blow the smoke out through my nose. Overall the first third of the cigar was very strong and I could only note pepper.

Middle smoke: Mellowed out nicely and I believe I noted some hints of floral mixing with the pepper and a touch of leather. It became much easier to blow the smoke out through my nose.

One thing I really enjoy is to smell the end of the cigar that I smoke to get a better sense of the taste. Not sure if this is a great idea to do, but I love the smell.

Finish: This may have been one of my favorites. I got a nice taste of a creamy coffee with no pepper at all in the end. Very mellow finish, I smoked this sucker down until it started my stasch on fire, just kidding, well maybe it did singe the hairs a little!!

Overall: This is a great smoke and I will definitely look to buy these. I am not sure I am "qualified" to rate the cigar so I will just say this is a smoke worth buying.
Nate

kmckinn3

Learning from the best
Rating - 100%
117   0   1
Sounds interesting. Never had one of those. I'm new as well and hope to be in your position soon :cbig:

Welcome and thanks for the review.

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Thanks for the review! I'm sitting on a few of these, just waiting to smoke one! Now, I may have to do that a little sooner than I thought!

Nice hit!!