What's new

A Challenge

Cigar_Jack

BoM May 05
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
As smokers we tend sometimes to be creatures of habit, afraid to try something new or a try a brand we know nothing about. The rest of this month I want to challenge all of you to try a cigar you've never had before and let us know the results.

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
Shouldn't be too hard, given the samplers I've been buying and the new stuff I'm getting this week from the brothers here. Problem is I don't know where to start.

Rating - 100%
206   0   0
That's never been a problem with me Jess. I enjoy variety and usually try several new cigars over the course of a year.

For me in 2007:

Bucanero = La Noche, Peg Leg, Treasure of Costa Rica, Windjammer. All were pretty good smokes.

CAO Vision = Waste of $$$

Cusano Xclusivo = Very good

Drew Estates Chateau Real = OK

El Mejor Espresso = Boring

La Aurora 1495 = Very good

Leon Jimenes = OK

Punch Rare Corojo = Very good

Rocky Patel Connecticut = OK

Shakespere Vintage = Very good

blessednxs65

Is it Nicaraguan
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
I am game as withing the next 30 days I will partake of, in no particular order, the following smokes:

Arturo Fuente Double Chateau Sun Grown
Alec Bradley MAXX The Culture
Partagas Limited Reserve Decadas
Carlos Toraño-Virtuoso (once I take delivery of the fiver from BOTL seriesV who acquired them from BOTL Volusianator)

And the two cigars I am not in possession of... the Tatuaje Conoju and Illusione 2

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
Just got a box of Diablo cigars in. Never tried one before, so I'm going to go through some of these.
I was just wondering on those. I see famous has a deal on them. Anyone know if they are any good. Let me know fast, it's on sale for one dayonly.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
As smokers we tend sometimes to be creatures of habit, afraid to try something new or a try a brand we know nothing about. The rest of this month I want to challenge all of you to try a cigar you've never had before and let us know the results.
Sounds like a plan. :smile:

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I was just wondering on those. I see famous has a deal on them. Anyone know if they are any good. Let me know fast, it's on sale for one dayonly.
I had one when they were first released and was quite disappointed. The stick had nothing like what the name implies. However, I heard that the second release was supposed to be different. Perhaps someone knows the full story but it sounded like there was a problem with the first release. I was glad to hear that because it was one boring smoke. I was all geared up for a "kick your ass" smoke but it wasn't even close to doing that - very little flavor, not much uumph and very little complexity.

Has anyone had one lately?

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I'll have one this evening (around 8) and post a review so you can get in on em before midnight. I know some guys on other boards really like em.

Electric Sheep

Dsicle - BoM Dec 06
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
I try new cigars all the time....I'm rarely (if ever) a creature of habbit. In fact, I'm the one pushing all my buddies to get out of a cigar rut and try new things.

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
I did this early in the month and had a Rocky Patel Sungrown (just great) and a Torano of some kind (not so great).

Fidel

Deceased Dictator
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
The rest of this month I want to challenge all of you to try a cigar you've never had before and let us know the results.
This has been one of the joys of getting back into cigars. About 90% of what I`m smoking now is new to me, and I`m having a ball. Just got a package in the mail today, so I`ll be setting fire to my first Gurkha shortly.

AND, thanks to the generosity of the originator of this thread, I`ll be enjoying my first Arganese in a few days:grin: