What's new

A Few Shots from the Deck

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
These are great shots! Quick (hopefully quick) question. How can you tell the difference between a Canada warbler and a Nashville warbler? Or were you actually in each place when you saw the birds? Sorry for my ignorance. Again, great pictures!

Almi

Jim
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
These are great shots! Quick (hopefully quick) question. How can you tell the difference between a Canada warbler and a Nashville warbler? Or were you actually in each place when you saw the birds? Sorry for my ignorance. Again, great pictures!
All 3 birds were in the tree at the same time so these shots are minutes apart. I was pretty sure of the Canada warbler but thought the Nashville warblers was maybe a juvenile and the Ovenbird I had no clue. The key is the white around the eye for the Canada and none on the Nashville and the yellow on the top side of the wings for the Nashville and none on the Canada. I have a number of bird friends and I asked on FaceBook and had a answer in an hour on the ID of all 3. All 3 were lifers for me and the 2 warblers are uncommon to my area so that made my captures all that much better.