What's new

a good allrounder

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey everyone,

what do you consider to be a good allrounder cigar?

in the whisky area for me the johnny walker green label (which sadly will be discontinued) is a great allrounder. at the moment its paddy (http://www.masterofmalt.com/whiskies/paddy-irish-whiskey) which has an excellent value for the money.

what cigar would you smoke with these whiskies?

at the moment i am pretty unhappy with my romeomy julietas puritos and cafe creme blues... looking for something enjoyable ;)

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Can't really beat a Liga privada undercrown. pretty much any My father or DPG is good. I really like AB black markets to for a general smoke.

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Second the flor de las antillas. Fantastic stick! One of my staples is the Jaime Garcia Reserva Especial- won't break the bank either. :thumbsup:

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'd recommend anything that matches the notes of the whiskey, which sounds sweet and floral like. i reckon any nice chewy maduro would go well, what do you guys think? i had a Nub maduro the other day that sounds like it might match this
a cigar ive found has matched every drink ive had it with, coffee, wine, scotch, water, has been the Paul Stulac range, dont really hear them mentioned much here though.

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Another vote for the AB Black Market. I'm currently head over heels for the Flor de las Antillas. A box pressed toro, which to me, retrohales like black Forrest cake? Are you kidding me?!? They're delicious. 2c

Rating - 100%
137   0   0
+3 on the Undercrown and Jamie Reserva; i find they go with a good amount that you pair with them. Also (for me) I find the La Reloba from My Father, Padron x000 series, and San Lotano Ovals are al good all around sticks as well.

MoJo

BoM March 2013
Rating - 100%
192   0   0
Can't really beat a Liga privada undercrown. pretty much any My father or DPG is good. I really like AB black markets to for a general smoke.
+1 - Especially Undercrown Corona Vivas (which are smoking awesome now) and My Father Le Bijou 1922 Torps/Petite Robs
I second this, or third this I guess, and (while staying within the same price ranges) I'll raise you a Cabaiguan Guapo (Camacho Corojo or CAO La Traviata are candidates as well, but not as good as the rest listed IMO). As far as a good one to pair with whiskey, like others have stated, really just depends on the whiskey and your palate

ciggy

"TommyBoy"
Rating - 100%
326   0   0
I'm gonna throw a few at you that wont break the bank.
1. JDN 1970 - Full Blend
2. L'Atelier by Tatuaje - Medium blend
3. Cuenca Y Blanco - Medium/Full blend
There are alot of cigars that pair well with booze but it really comes down to what your taste depicts.
If you looking for a higer end cigar that pairs well...
1. Opus X with some age
2. Liga FFP
3. Feunte G.O.F. with some age
4. Tatuaje Cojonu Series